Marcela 7th Grade MS Season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
That’s good. Those nagging injuries suck. Still didn’t know you could get tendinitis in the glutes. But tendon is a tendon I guess. Glad PT is helping.

Sorry to say, your pain may not get solved for another 10 years 😂

Jan 25, 2022
Nothing to share for the 13YO..She said she was getting stressed out by "all my instruction" (eg reminding her of what we are working on and showing her a video every so often..:cautious: ) so I am just pitching to her for the moment..At least she didn't bail on me completely like she did a few years ago. When she is ready for me to babble at her again she will initiate the conversation.

Just waiting for MS ball to mercifully end..

Interesting thread. They sound like our MS program to some extent, although I'm not sure if they'd be better or worse at the point we're at now. Likely still better, though.

Being in the position we've been in the past few years, the thought of a good player not playing on the school team claws at my soul. My buddy whose freshman currently plays 18U gold, for one flickering moment a couple years ago (before he realized I would likely hulk out), said he was considering steering his daughter away from the MS team in favor of travel. I told him mediocre team gets bad, and a bad team gets worse. Our community is too small for that struggle.

In your situation, if the coaches and parents are putting their best foot forward I would feel compelled to stick around and try to keep the program improving. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart though. Neither of my girls has had a desire to play travel yet, although a couple programs have cropped up nearby recently.

DD2 (freshman) has recently become the more softball-loving kid in my house. She likes to put in work, but I still struggle with not overwhelming her with softball discussion. She's a bit of a drama queen about things some, but I may overdo it a bit. At least once a week I get "no more talking about softball the rest of the day."

I just don't think she fully grasps how much I stress over her potentially not being as prepared (performance AND safety) as she needs to be to pitch in HS.

Or maybe I'm just that annoying. Surely that's not the case though. Right?

pattar

I wasted time and now doth time waste me
Jun 8, 2016
Interesting thread. They sound like our MS program to some extent, although I'm not sure if they'd be better or worse at the point we're at now. Likely still better, though.

Being in the position we've been in the past few years, the thought of a good player not playing on the school team claws at my soul. My buddy whose freshman currently plays 18U gold, for one flickering moment a couple years ago (before he realized I would likely hulk out), said he was considering steering his daughter away from the MS team in favor of travel. I told him mediocre team gets bad, and a bad team gets worse. Our community is too small for that struggle.

In your situation, if the coaches and parents are putting their best foot forward I would feel compelled to stick around and try to keep the program improving. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart though. Neither of my girls has had a desire to play travel yet, although a couple programs have cropped up nearby recently.

DD2 (freshman) has recently become the more softball-loving kid in my house. She likes to put in work, but I still struggle with not overwhelming her with softball discussion. She's a bit of a drama queen about things some, but I may overdo it a bit. At least once a week I get "no more talking about softball the rest of the day."

I just don't think she fully grasps how much I stress over her potentially not being as prepared (performance AND safety) as she needs to be to pitch in HS.

Or maybe I'm just that annoying. Surely that's not the case though. Right?
I am not going to steer her one way or the other with regards to MS ball. She will play if she wants and won’t if she doesn’t. Besides Travel softball, she plays AAU basketball along with school basketball so if she wants to take a season off from something (for whatever reason) she deserves to be allowed to do so I think. I ultimately think she will play, there just have been situations involving the players and parents this year which have left a bad taste in her mouth. She just wants to go play without any of the BS drama.

With regards to our sports relationship, I’ve been too hard on her for much of her sports career. I’m trying to be better about it, and I think I am doing ok, but I deserve any blowback I get.

Jan 25, 2022
I am not going to steer her one way or the other with regards to MS ball. She will play if she wants and won’t if she doesn’t. Besides Travel softball, she plays AAU basketball along with school basketball so if she wants to take a season off from something (for whatever reason) she deserves to be allowed to do so I think. I ultimately think she will play, there just have been situations involving the players and parents this year which have left a bad taste in her mouth. She just wants to go play without any of the BS drama.

With regards to our sports relationship, I’ve been too hard on her for much of her sports career. I’m trying to be better about it, and I think I am doing ok, but I deserve any blowback I get.
I get it. That's a busy kid!

I've told both my girls that if they don't want to play, they finish the season then they're free to do as they wish. And despite her potential, it looks like my older one is gonna take me up on that.

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
Last two MS games today and tomorrow 🙏

HS doesn't end for a few weeks though so her 1st TB tournament is in a month.

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
In a few years, she may even listen to your advice. Or not.
She listens, in her extremely annoying, mouthy 13 YO way.. :ROFLMAO:

As she gets older she wants to be the one in control of the hitting conversation, which I suppose isn't surprising. If I shut up she will ask questions, make statements about what she thinks she is doing, etc. It's just I have a hard time not initiating things..In my mind sometimes she is still the same age as my Sons. I have a few skills, listening well isn’t one of them.

Last edited:

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
Ended the season with a win to go 2-11-1. That’s 2 more wins then I would have predicted but amazingly there appears to be a few teams just as bad as they are 😂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VJM1163