Marcela 7th Grade MS Season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

pattar

I wasted time and now doth time waste me
Jun 8, 2016
First scrimmage. I wasn't there but DW went so I got a video. This pitcher she has faced about 333 times the last 5 years in TB..she hasn't gotten much better since 10U..

Her team is horrid (only one other kid put the bat on the ball DW said) so even though she batted first she only got up once lol..going to be a LONG season.

You cannot throw the ball to her there if you don't throw hard..a foot lower and that is off her foot :ROFLMAO:

Will post videos as I get them..just because well why not. Gives me something to do..Will try to keep the commentary about mechanics to a minimum..everybody knows the deal with that.

Last edited:

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
MS already starting? Wow.
She has two scrimmages today and then one on Monday (I think it is a scrimmage..who knows) Then a week off (she is actually going up to MD to visit her cousin who she is close with for a few days..she needs the break and I really don't care if she misses a few MS practices..they can sit her if they want) and then I think games start. School starts in a few weeks. They only play till the middle of Sept (thankfully..)

Jan 22, 2011
I'm helping this fall with the Middle School team that feeds my daughter's HS. I didn't help last fall, so I have no idea of the talent level. All I know is we have a very good lefty 1B, and one player that is pretty good. Our season is 6 weeks long, but we aren't starting until August 29th. Tuesday we had 16 girls signed up, yesterday I heard with had 18 signed.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
15 seconds, 5 observations:
Nice hit.
That's a nice field/facility for a MS scrimmage.
The blue team appears to have about 11 girls on the bench.
I would never trust MS catchers enough to not wear shin guards, even on 118 degree turf.
2 umps for a MS scrimmage, wow.

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
I'm helping this fall with the Middle School team that feeds my daughter's HS. I didn't help last fall, so I have no idea of the talent level. All I know is we have a very good lefty 1B, and one player that is pretty good. Our season is 6 weeks long, but we aren't starting until August 29th. Tuesday we had 16 girls signed up, yesterday I heard with had 18 signed.
DD has school friends on the team so she enjoys it I guess.. 🤷‍♂️

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
15 seconds, 5 observations:
Nice hit.
That's a nice field/facility for a MS scrimmage.
The blue team appears to have about 11 girls on the bench.
I would never trust MS catchers enough to not wear shin guards, even on 118 degree turf.
2 umps for a MS scrimmage, wow.
That is their HS field..the MS is behind it and it is a dump. The team they played is loaded..they have all TB kids and 3 of them are on the 12U USA All American team (the one Marcela didn't make where they hit the SS 5 balls right at them to evaluate them...)

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
Norman might have the worst school softball in the state for a town with more than 5000 people..Marcela would be the starting SS on the HS Varsity team and bat in the top 4 in the lineup..that is how bad they are.

Dec 19, 2021
We will be right on your heels. School starts Tuesday. Workouts should start a couple weeks after that. Classes for some districts in the area started  before week 1 of PGF. 🙄

At least you have pitchers. Our district uses machines. 👎 I guess since most schools in the district would have novice pitchers, its better than watching a walk-fest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VJM1163