Marcela 12 YO First Year 14U (Spring)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The s load isn’t as prevalent in this last vid. Hard to see. Ump is pretty big. As far as the backside transfer. If it was me, I would explain why we need it and then just try to rep it out, w hopes that she will eventually feel and adapt.

Edit: when the S load is right though I feel like the first transfer forward is pretty automatic.

1652548011882.gif

Reactions: TDS

pattar

I wasted time and now doth time waste me
Jun 8, 2016
Hard GB to SS which she booted. First AB was a weak GB to 3B. Yes, S load isn’t as prevalent 🤷🏽‍♂️

Bat position at launch is a major problem..right up there with her getting stuck and might be more limiting. Really difficult to get a good path on anything which is middle/down. No matter what we do she levels in games.

Off season work may have to include giving her something else to do with her hands as @clemenslee1 and @Work=wins have mentioned previously.

Last edited:

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
Jammed

The kid was slow. I think she was trying to let it get deeper and it backfired..

Last edited:

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
It is hot and they are playing a game which doesn’t count so I am in my car looking at leg reaches, stuck backsides and barrel leveling to amuse myself.

Last edited:

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
Rough day at the plate. A few more swings from the rest of the day. As @Work=wins mentioned looks like she is not loading into good enough posture. Will mention it to her tomorrow morning. Of course without fixing her leveling it may
not make much of a difference.

dCSB5OF.gif

65hU7d1.gif

WvGQtq0.gif

Team is doing well and she is playing well in the field. Would be nice if she contributed at the plate though..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Rough day at the plate. A few more swings from the rest of the day. As @Work=wins mentioned looks like she is not loading into good enough posture. Will mention it to her tomorrow morning. Of course without fixing her leveling it may
not make much of a difference.

dCSB5OF.gif

65hU7d1.gif

WvGQtq0.gif

Team is doing well and she is playing well in the field. Would be nice if she contributed at the plate though..

Yeah that initial core/glute contraction should pick up the hips and move her forward. Once leveraged she should launch from the middle. It’s tricky but easy to do once at toe touch. Some say it’s done w the legs and hips but the core is really responsible for that hip extension. Down to up. Otherwise stability and direction will deteriorate.

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
You have the worst footage.
That was from the live stream. She was playing SS and she ran a bit to catch a popup. Picking up the swarm of gnats behind 3B and the zit on the LF forehead wasn’t necessary.

I don’t sit there and record every pitch so that I can per chance catch a good play to post on FB so that Aunt Maud can give me the social media equivalent of a BJ.

Feel free to skip right over the f’in thread if the “footage” is below your standard.

Last edited: