Maintaining prober elbow separation?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
Thanks for the info, will work on some of this. Just trying to find some simple ideas to reinforce proper body movements, not expecting perfection they are 8. I have read a lot of posts on here and know there are differing opinions on certain or most drills. However when you are working with 8 year olds just telling them to do this or that without some sort of reinforcement is useless.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
probably the worst advice I’ve heard here. Sorry Shawn.
If your a bottom hand dominate swing, yes it’s bad advice. By all means, weight the front foot , engage the core, and use your arms to push the knob. No argument there.

This is best used for top hand dominate swings That engage the back muscles and posterior chain.

The confusion happens when we mix apples and oranges and don’t know our fruit.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
1636220537825.gif

this is the drill you want.

the so called experts here don’t understand that the arms and hands contribute to bat speed. As well as time to contact. The Freeman gif a page back shows the same as this guy above. The Soto gif also shows the same action. Some of these guys are just to agenda biased to see it.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If your a bottom hand dominate swing, yes it’s bad advice. By all means, weight the front foot , engage the core, and use your arms to push the knob. No argument there.

This is best used for top hand dominate swings That engage the back muscles and posterior chain.

The confusion happens when we mix apples and oranges and don’t know our fruit.

this does not jive w the TM HLP protocol. The Student becoming the Teacher… man?! 🙂

or maybe a fork in the road?

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I’m not a clone of him. I have my own mind and some different thoughts but I do follow his teaching methods but like any good coach he’s evolved and adjusted he’s teaching. The fundamentals have stayed the same.

Looks top hand to me? Remember he’s a left hand hitter.

Attachments

• F211407C-ECAD-434C-BDB5-F3CA04326FCC.png
    F211407C-ECAD-434C-BDB5-F3CA04326FCC.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 14
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’m not a clone of him. I have my own mind and some different thoughts but I do follow his teaching methods but like any good coach he’s evolved and adjusted he’s teaching. The fundamentals have stayed the same.

Looks top hand to me? Remember he’s a left hand hitter.

is his fundamental to still TTB? Is yours? The one leg thing is subjective. How about what creates tilt?

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Yes, TTB…. The swing puts the foot down because we’re loaded in the rear leg hip and use the front leg like a kickstand. This reminds me of the Coke and Pepsi wars.. I‘m not saying you method isn‘t valid , I’m saying don’t mix them In you example to try and discredit or confuse people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45