LynkSpyder - Black MTWTF Special (Limited Coupon Code)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
So we are coming up on a crazy holiday week. To kick things off right, we're announcing the release of our new website (same location: Home). I don't really want to waste forum time explaining all of the things we are now able to offer, except for one thing: We now have the capability to offer discount codes. As a courtesy to you folks at DFP, I'm releasing this code to you first (along with your baseball counterpart, Baseball Fever, which will get their own code). DFP and BBF will get the codes tonight, and tomorrow I will point the rest of the world here to find it for themselves.

It's a limited code for $10 off of the first 50 orders between now and Saturday. With shipping, this equates to about an 18% reduction. Here's the code:
DFPBLACKWEEK2015

(Note: The code only applies to orders on brackets. Replacement parts are now available online, but not available for discount.)

PS: Our social media followers will be coming by tomorrow to look around for the codes....please be nice to them. :)

Dec 11, 2010
Nice website!

I love my Linkspyder set up. I pretty much did the recommended equipment per Josh's recommendations. The biggest problem I have had that prevented me from using my GoPro as much as I should is data transfer rate. It took forever.

I watched the video on transfer rate and immediately placed an order for the card reader on Amazon.

Kudos for identifying a common problem and solving it.

EDITED TO ADD:
How much does memory affect transfer and or video conversion time? My Mac only has 4 gig installed with two slots open. Would adding memory speed up the process?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Nice website!

I love my Linkspyder set up. I pretty much did the recommended equipment per Josh's recommendations. The biggest problem I have had that prevented me from using my GoPro as much as I should is data transfer rate. It took forever.

I watched the video on transfer rate and immediately placed an order for the card reader on Amazon.

EDITED TO ADD:
How much does memory affect transfer and or video conversion time? My Mac only has 4 gig installed with two slots open. Would adding memory speed up the process?

Curious to see what you think of the data transfer device. Had some mixed reviews on Amazon. Keep us posted!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Nice website!

EDITED TO ADD:

Putting my IT guy hat on for a minute: I cannot speak to the Mac directly, as I am a complete PC shop. But in general, I would say the following items are of the most imporance; and in this order:
Processor (CPU)
RAM
Hard Drive (capacity and speed)
Video Card

1.) In some cases the processor cannot be upgraded. And even if you physically can, it may not be worth it due to motherboard compatibility.
2.) RAM is like pitchers on a ball team. I've never had a team that had too many pitchers. With that said (and this is one of those cases that applies to PC...not sure about MAC) if your device is 32Bit, it will not recognize more than 4GB. So adding more won't do you any good.
3.) Hard Drives are the silent warrior in the video editing battle. I would highly recommend a Solid State Hard drive, if you have the means to upgrade. This is a drive that has no moving parts, so file access is substantially fast. Additionally, the operating system and the video editing software will use the hard drive as an overflow from the RAM. So the faster the drive the better.
4.) Video Cards have become the brains behind the operation as of late. Modern video cards have what is called a "GPU" or graphics processing unit. This is essentially a dedicated processor that handles nothing but video. Additionally, video cards these days carry VRAM, which is again dedicated RAM for only video. The more the better. But the problem is there are so many different video cards with substandard chipsets, it is very difficult to know which will benefit you the most in your particular device.

So to answer your question, if you device will recognize more RAM, it will absolutely help you. Past that, I would focus on the hard drive.

Oct 31, 2014
Is there a thread that discusses which Go Pro is the best for recording games? I'm thinking about getting one, but want one that is easy to use and easy to upload and/or share video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802