LS LXT vs Xeno? What’s the difference?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
The difference is they no longer make the Xeno.

Take your pick...

Jul 4, 2013
I actually asked Slugger about the difference between their bats because I was frustrated with the marketing speak. This is what they said in 2018 (spoiler alert: it didn't clarify much):

That's a really good question. PXT is Endbalanced, LXT is Midloaded and Xeno is Balanced.

Thank you,
Sophia | Consumer Services Representative
Slugger +1.800.800.9935
6435 NE CROENI AVE, HILLSBORO, OR 97124

Apr 28, 2019
I know this had to have been discussed before. I just can’t find it. I tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LXT is lighter more balanced bat that has been upgraded multiple times over the past decade.

LXT has Bigger Sweet Spot and is a little more forgiving on mishits. Softer feel. The connection joints and composite have been upgraded recently in 2021.

Xeno is a stiffer heavier slightly endloaded bat. Basically the same bat for the last 10+ yrs. Very good consistent bat with older technology/materials.

Slugger has been trying to retire the Xeno for the past few years. They have introduced new models such as PXT, RXT, and currently the Meta.

The Xeno just seems to have a faithful following and just won’t die. If it ain’t broke ride the wave as long as people will pay for it.

IMO the LXT is the best bat in Fastpitch. The Xeno is a great BP and back-up to the LXT. Some people just prefer the feel of Xeno and do well with it as their #1 bat.

Apr 28, 2019
I actually asked Slugger about the difference between their bats because I was frustrated with the marketing speak. This is what they said in 2018 (spoiler alert: it didn't clarify much):
That's a really good question. PXT is Endbalanced, LXT is Midloaded and Xeno is Balanced.

Thank you,
Sophia | Consumer Services Representative
Slugger +1.800.800.9935
6435 NE CROENI AVE, HILLSBORO, OR 97124
Yes. l
When I have weighed these bats the Xeno has been 1-1.5 oz heavier than their stated weight and the LXT almost right on maybe a bit heavier. That by itself could be why the LXT feels more balanced. Has anyone else seen this with these bats?
Yes LXT’s average .5 over stated weight. Xeno’s are heavier like Ghost Bats and as much as 1.5oz over sticker weight.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
The Xeno is consistently over weight. But inconsistently to the amount year to year. I wanted one as a back-up to DD’s Ghost and had to find a 2015 to get the right weight. DD says the swing weight feels identical.

I found the used Xeno on eBay and it’s good as new. Probably saw enough swings to be broken in. It sees all the blue collar work. Cold weather balls/games/practice, pitching machine, etc. Seems like the more abuse it gets the happier it is.

I like when she uses it for BP because she feels the mis-hits better.

Dec 19, 2021
I am happy to see the Xeno live on!

DD2 has DD1's old 2016. That thing has thousands of hits and is hot as all get out.

I was at a hitting clinic a couple days ago. There was a girl there that had a 2016 Xeno she was hitting the week before and a 2022 she was using this week. Bombs leaving the field off both both.

Sep 8, 2021
I am happy to see the Xeno live on!

DD2 has DD1's old 2016. That thing has thousands of hits and is hot as all get out.

I was at a hitting clinic a couple days ago. There was a girl there that had a 2016 Xeno she was hitting the week before and a 2022 she was using this week. Bombs leaving the field off both both.
Good to hear that the 2022 Xeno is hot. I got a 2021 for my daughter on their black friday special that slugger was running. Planned on the xeno being the backup to her ghost, help transition to a 33, and be used in the cage and in cold weather.

I did not expect her to like it so much. Shes a 14u, pretty high bat speed. Long story short, she loves the xeno, her high exit velo off a tee has gone up from 71 to 74mph when compared to the ghost advanced. So now I am trying to find another 2021 33", -10 2021.. Just in case the thing breaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802