Lots of teams, but not organizations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
From a money perspective, I am sure he's killing it. I was talking about the quality of the teams. As with any business, expanding too fast becomes trouble because you lose control over quality.
I understand, but which franchised orgs are doing it (quality control) regardless of whether they were established before they franchised? I am sure there are a few which are better at it than others but most have their fair share of mediocre (at best) teams.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
You have to remember the motivation for franchising..I don't think it is because they want to spread quality softball all over the globe...
You don't think it's money, do you? 💰💰💰

Seriously though, I am sure some did it at first for noble reasons.

Oct 4, 2018
Many Platinum and Gold teams out there would be better served with a moniker such as Tin, but that doesn't attract players.

"Come join the Lady Dukes Tin squad with mediocre players and bad coaching." LOL

So true. I see any of those words (Premier, Elite, Gold, etc.) and just kind of shrug. I've learned not to judge a team until I see them warming up.

Oct 4, 2018
We played at a showcase tournament where 1 organization had a National, Premiere, Gold, 2 select, and a "regular" team in a 20 team 18U division. This was not multiple franchise teams from the same parent organization either, just a strong regional organization.

This is just one little bracket of the tourney we're in this weekend. We're not in this one, but a Franchise sure is:

Oh, and if you don't have Thunderbolts in your area, you should start a team or switch to them. Prettiest uniforms out there. And that's what matters.

1668710007132.png

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022
There are a few big named franchise organizations in our area. They had very good teams at our level last year, but I think that a few of them decided to add additional teams of lesser quality due to how many people showed up at their tryouts before the Fall season. It's tough for any organization to turn away $. Not saying that the new teams are terrible, just not of the same quality of the existing teams. There are even some strong local teams that have 3 teams at each level and those are definitely diluted. Just people chasing the name on the front of the jersey and thinking that alone makes a team win. To each their own.

Oct 4, 2018
Show Me the Money?

No, this is from the Owl. Apparently Show Me The Money (PGF) and The Owl (USA) are the two big ones this weekend (in Georgia). Looking at the fields, it seems Show Me The Money is the tougher field - just my initial thought when looking at the teams in each.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
No, this is from the Owl. Apparently Show Me The Money (PGF) and The Owl (USA) are the two big ones this weekend. Looking at the fields, it seems Show Me The Money is the tougher field - just my initial thought when looking at the teams in each.
The weather looks great in Atlanta this weekend. Morning temps of 28° should make for good times!

Unfortunately, I'm out at Surf City...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812