Looking for High Quality Glove Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
Hello, I'm fairly new here and could use some help. I'd like to treat my DD to a new glove. She currently uses a 2020 white/gold A2000 12" superskin fastpitch glove. The size seems to be pretty good. She plays 12u moving to 14 very soon. Primary position is pitcher and sometimes 3rd base. She loves infield drills and quick transfer. I really want to get her something classy. Love the classy look and pop of just good leather (nothing super flashy) . Annasdad has me interested and looking at baseball gloves but I don't even know where to start. Do I get closed web for pitching? I'd like to keep price below 400. Looking for any advice, thank you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I'm not trying to discourage you from new leather (or AD another "satisfied referral"), but is there an issue with the current glove? We don't see many posts about 2020 A2000's reaching it's end of life. Unless she just wants a color change. Have you thought about getting it re-laced (maybe a new color?) and reconditioned instead? There's at least one DFP member who has posted many before and after pics of not just cleaning, but new lacing colors.

If you're going with Rawlings - I love that "V" lacing pattern in the web of the 11.75 you posted.

ETA - also really liking the "cross-hatch" lacing along the top of the webbing that's on the Wilson ASO and Gloveworks models - can that be done with any re-lacing job?

Sep 11, 2020
I'm not trying to discourage you from new leather (or AD another "satisfied referral"), but is there an issue with the current glove? We don't see many posts about 2020 A2000's reaching it's end of life. Unless she just wants a color change. Have you thought about getting it re-laced (maybe a new color?) and reconditioned instead? There's at least one DFP member who has posted many before and after pics of not just cleaning, but new lacing colors.

If you're going with Rawlings - I love that "V" lacing pattern in the web of the 11.75 you posted.

ETA - also really liking the "cross-hatch" lacing along the top of the webbing that's on the Wilson ASO and Gloveworks models - can that be done with any re-lacing job?
There is nothing wrong with it at all. She loves her glove, but like bats she likes to have a little collection. I'm tired of getting bats just to sit and both of us are enjoying exploring all these different glove types. (Only get to explore what Dicks have). On the team it seems parents only want to talk bats but they never mention gloves. She just wants to stand out sort of speak. She busts her hump in the circle so it is a treat from me. Very good recommendations so far from you guys. Gives us alot to think about. Will probably pull the trigger on one in the next couple days.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oct 26, 2019
I’ve got this Glove Works I’d like to move along. Not sure if it would work for your situation or not. But ANNASDAD can vouch for the quality of this glove since it came from him. Best lacing I’ve ever seen on a glove.
How much are you asking for this one?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
How much are you asking for this one?
He has it listed for $135 in the classifieds, which is a great deal. I’d actually like to have it back since I had it built, but I’m going in the other direction with gloves these days!

Towny, it’s an insanely well built glove, that midnight tan steerhide is gorgeous, and the palm liner is made out of that same steerhide that the shell is made from!

Dan Davis specifically sourced that lace for me for this particular glove, said he didn’t want to hear me B***h about the laces! ;)

Jun 19, 2016
I am going to deviate from the rest but I wouldn't get a pitcher a stiff small glove. Your DD might very well need two gloves if she is going to pitch and play third base. Take a look at all the greats and you will notice their glove is as always closed when they are pitching...as soon as the ball comes out. I would say 12", closed web or modified trap, and nothing that requires the World's strongest man from the Geico commercial to close.

May 23, 2015
Try on a lot of gloves and find out what fits her and works with her body the best. Thats the only way to find true satisfaction with gloves. What works for one will not wholesale work on another

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802