Looking for good pants that won’t overheat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
Really don’t think changing pants is going to help. It’s 6u…which means whiny little muffins that got bored and want to go do something else. Give her plenty to drink, lots to snack on and tell her that she’s fine. Softball is a hot sport she just might not be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
OP stated it was 9am and already 80-deg on the field. Which means, much hotter come the afternoon. And if OP's DD is anything like mine was at that age, anything above 80 was OMG MY LIFE IS ENDING until they got used to Spring/Summer weather again. Now she plays in 100+ and doesn't much complain (I do more of the complaining now).

Different brands often have different weight of material in their softball pants. Some are heavier than others. Many that state "rip resistant" are generally thicker or have two layers of material in certain areas of the pant. Some brands are thinner or offer mesh to help minimize trapping heat. DD's team uses Boomba pants for their uniforms and she likes them. They seem to have a nice middle ground of material strength and not being too thick. Fit also becomes important as players get older, often outweighing how well a pant breaths or not.

At the end of the day, softball pants are designed to be form fitting so they're going to trap body heat. There's not a great way around it. Especially for players who also choose to wear sliding shorts underneath.

Eventually, your DD will get accustomed to it. It is truly more around hydrating/eating properly before and during games. Water, pickles, and grapes were always DD's favorites. But I understand convincing a 6-yo of that is not always easy.

Apr 2, 2023
Really don’t think changing pants is going to help. It’s 6u…which means whiny little muffins that got bored and want to go do something else. Give her plenty to drink, lots to snack on and tell her that she’s fine. Softball is a hot sport she just might not be ready.

This is her third season and first time with this issue. We switched her from the adidas pants to bellalete and haven’t had issues since. She was pulling the adidas up as high as they could go at first base. The aeroready pants are very billowy and plastic feeling and we live in SoCal. We have been implementing watermelon in the dugout for all the girls.

May 29, 2015
I … want … to …

… no … must … resist …

Sounds like little Jill-Jill is running so fast that the poly-material pants must be melting from the friction, essentially turning into napalm on her delicate skin.

I highly recommend custom-made pants from this lady:

1686432792492.gif

I also suggest that after 3 years in 6u, she best be getting some serious looks from the multi-national 12u conglomerate teams or she will never get that full D1 scholarship. Mainly because she has the wrong pants and should be looking for either a personal line or an endorsement by now. Edna can help.

Sorry Irish Girl, I’m an arse sometimes. Most of the time. Maybe all of the time.

Attachments

• 1686432642137.gif
    1686432642137.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478