Looking for good pants that won’t overheat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2023
My 6U player is overheating in her adidas aeroready pants and I’m looking for a pair that would be more breathable/lightweight. Our game today was at 9am and already about 80° on the field. She will be playing in All Stars, so the games are just going to keep getting hotter - any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
When I go to Adidas web site, and browse by sport, under softball, the only pants they have are leggings, not softball pants.

My kids like Mizuno softball pants, but that is more due to the fit, then them being cooler than other pants. FWIW

And for 6U, I think shorts are probably fine, even for all stars. I think in 8u All Stars we asked the team if they wanted to wear shorts or pants, and they voted to wear pants. But, not much sliding going on in 8U.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
80 degrees and over heating? Can't imagine a 6 yo kid would over heat at 80. Wait til June/July when it's 100. I am pretty sure pants are not the culprit to over heating. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and good nutrition. Cooling towels. But cooling towels weren't even considered til we hit 95.

Aug 23, 2016
80 degrees and over heating? Can't imagine a 6 yo kid would over heat at 80. Wait til June/July when it's 100. I am pretty sure pants are not the culprit to over heating. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and good nutrition. Cooling towels. But cooling towels weren't even considered til we hit 95.
I agree that the pants are probably not the problem. Hydration, better snacks for game time (watermelon, strawberries and cucumbers are good snacks for hydration), shade and rest between games - those will all do more for her than pants.

Hydration isn't just for game day, either - you have to start hydrating in advance. It's hard to get the little ones to drink water sometimes, but it's important.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee