Looking for a used plastic Designated Hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 24, 2018
I’m looking to buy a used plastic Designated hitter. Please reach out if you have one that you could part with. Kmak1210@gmail.com

Attachments

• DD9BFC8E-D7EC-4FF2-A57E-AEF6A1CFF8FF.jpeg
    DD9BFC8E-D7EC-4FF2-A57E-AEF6A1CFF8FF.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 14
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Just had to laugh remembering the time I made a couple of these (mirror images for each side of the plate). Had my pitcher DD, aspiring artist draw the outline on some old thin plywood I had laying around, screwed a wooden stake on the backside and set them up. Broke the stake, cracked the cutout plywood and knocked them over within the first 20 pitches. Still trying to figure out whether we liked the idea enough to invest more time in the concept (I did) I used a borrowed roofers magnet, the kind that has wheels and you drag along the ground to pick up nails, etc., to prop up the cutout temporarily. I told DD not to hit the magnet. First pitch...guess what? She hit what she was looking at, drilled the plastic wheel on that thing and shattered it into a million pieces. Ugh...off to buy a replacement wheel for the borrowed tool. The cutouts were split apart anyways and we were done for the day. Just recently found them out by the shed and tossed 'em into a bonfire that night. Still like the concept but... Moral of the story? I should have built them a bit more heavy duty or looked for the pre-made plastic version on here!! ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802