Looking for a pitcher and a 1B glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2014
My daughter is in 8th grade and is a pitcher/1B. She is by far their best 1B and is playing there every inning she isn't pitching. I would say she is pitcher #2 on the team of 3 pitchers. She currently has $120 Mizuno glove. Nothing fancy as she was only playing C level a year ago when we bought it, but she uses it for both and loves it. But she has moved up in levels and is playing 1B more as she is always in the line-up, even when she isn't pitching. So we need 2 gloves now. I think she is going to hate breaking in a top of the line glove.

When she goes into high school next year, she will probably be their only pitcher (they have none this year) and will be pitching almost every inning. But I think for travel she will be playing 1B 66% and pitching 33% of the time. When she does pitch, she fields her position well and they hold 1B back on bunts and she covers the 1B side, so she needs a glove she can field with.

So that said, I would love recommendations for both pitcher and 1B gloves. She has grown 5 inches this year and I believe she is almost done. So I am looking for ones to last her through high school. And would you recommend getting a cheaper 1B glove to break in as her back-up 1B glove. I have heard the good ones take a long time to get used to and break-in. Thanks in advance

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I prefer Rawlings gloves to any other brand, but it's just an opinion. That said, the Heart of The Hide is a great glove and 1B mitt for the ones you want to last through HS. Wilson also makes the A2000, which is a very good glove and should last a few years.

A lot of people also like the Marucci Palmetto series, although the color is a bit different.

If you're looking for a quick break-in for a 1B mitt while your HOH breaks in, go for the Liberty Advanced. It won't last as long as the HOH, but it will be game ready in a shorter period of time.

I am a dealer for all brands, so if you have any questions about pricing, feel free to call of text me at 631-942-3516.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802