Lions Tigers and Forearm Fire OH MY!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 27, 2019
I'd throw Mr Tincher into what I'm saying too. If they have a new, revolutionary way to pitch that they believe they created, I'd like to see them actually do it in a game. And to be clear, I've never met either of these guys. I have nothing personal against either one. But, they have catchy phrases and sometimes even lead people to believe their techniques are proprietary. Lets see them do it. Why won't they? They clearly love the game of softball, love pitching, love teaching it. Why not participate, it will certainly validate all their "techniques" if they are successful. Assuming they actually use those techniques when they pitch, instead of just thinking they do like some Hello Elbow people who don't pitch the way they claim.

Boardmember is widely considered the person who brought the phrase "IR" into so many readers of this forum's vocabulary. But, he didn't invent it. And he never claimed he invented it. Moreover, he actually pitched at a very high level in his own career in California. So he accurately described what he actually did when he threw.

Like BM, I didn't invent anything in pitching either. It's been around a lot longer than either of us. And while I never used the phrase or words "IR" in my coaching, I have been been vehemently screaming about Hello Elbow for 20 years on the internet. And I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

@Filterbing keep in mind, Doug Finch is considered by many to be his daughter's teacher too. She pitches nothing like they present at their clinics, which I've been told are more about getting to take a picture with Jennie and her medals. I guess she does do a pitching demo, but again, when she throws hard, she's not doing the Hello Elbow techniques. Again, this isn't personal, I like Jennie. She's a very nice person. But, if the stuff she and her father preach about pitching actually worked, she wouldn't have changed how she actually pitched in games.
I should preface that I didnt look into pitching until 2 years ago so some of the drama behind the scenes was unknown to me. The videos I see them producing currently gives me the impression that he and his daughter are driving to the same location but taking different routes. The terminology they use is definitely a marketing approach for sure and some cues might stem from the learning process they went through and what worked for them. My daughters and I watch your videos and apply your concepts as well Bill. Much appreciated that your content exist for a bucket dad like me. Thanks and much respect.

Also, the story of how jenni finch pitches vs how she instructs is the poster child for hello elbow instruction vs actuall movement. We left a hello elbow instructor because she didnt want to teach IR because in her opinion there isn't enough spin generated by IR.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28