Let’s Talk Timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Different hitters have different cues as to when to pick up their front foot and that's OK. I like it a little earlier than the example you give.
I want the hitter to use the same tempo/ swing against live pitching that they use during tee work. The idea/ goal is not to feel rushed. Easier said than done. Many hitters swing faster / quicker against faster pitching resulting in swinging under the ball.
Also having a yes yes yes approach will help with timing.

Aug 20, 2017
Front foot needs to be on its way down at release. Slows the ball down. This check point is critical. What RH said about being rushed is correct. Ask your DDs if they feel rushed on good pitching. If they do, go learn to get the front foot up sooner.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Hard to allow the flow (release) to happen when hitters are about to become vulnerable. Most kids freeze in anticipation.

Aug 20, 2017
Hard to allow the flow (release) to happen when hitters are about to become vulnerable. Most kids freeze in anticipation.
Need to rep it! Get them comfortable doing it. Other option is to just let them be late

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Front foot needs to be on its way down at release. Slows the ball down. This check point is critical. What RH said about being rushed is correct. Ask your DDs if they feel rushed on good pitching. If they do, go learn to get the front foot up sooner.

You mean get one legged? lol. You load before release, it’s not just get the front foot up. Although I do use that cue and trying to not let the front foot drop near the end.

We are talking about the load.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee