Leaving team before season starts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I would not worry too much about the batting order at this time. My biggest concern would be that she only played 3 innings on defense out of a total of 15 innings. Only playing 3 innings on defense is a major flag on my opinion.

If you daughter truly wants to be a catcher. I would be looking for a different team pretty soon.

Jun 20, 2015
with only 12 on roster it is not hard to fiddle with line up to tweak for better production, nor is it difficult to get all innings on defense. Besides, coach took all players on roster to play, right?? Or is he adding players to collect additional fees? I can tell you with my 18U squads, we always roster bat and all get time on the field, because they are all good. None of this 2 innings a weekend in field crap. Especially at younger ages. If she was recruited to catch, no real excuse that she wasn't catching at least 1 of 3 pool games. Now if she had multiple errors, brain cramps, etc... that's a different animal altogether.

Unless it is a time crunch due to back to back games, rarely is batting order the same game to game. somebody's hot, somebody's cold, tweaked ankle, left early due to something, etc. to carve a line up in stone is just stupid. unless the infamous "daddy-ball" has arrived to help with batting order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802