Leaving National Teams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The sparkler is the most convoluted hard to understand huge tournament Iā€™ve ever seen. Donā€™t forget there is also the TV bracketā€¦which is somehow connected to the power pool, but anything lower than the supplemental is just a regular local tournament. There are some good teams in the supplementalā€¦more regional type teams or teams that donā€™t have the organization credit to get in the power pool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you get into TV Pool by doing well in Power Pool Pool playā€¦šŸ˜‚

Sep 3, 2015
I think you get into TV Pool by doing well in Power Pool Pool playā€¦

Teams start in the TV pool, maybe from the previous years finish? Not sure.

DDs team got spanked on TV by going undefeated in their ā€œTV poolā€.

Also, I thought it was kind of messed up to throw the supplemental pool teams against the power pool teams towards the end of the tourney.

Apr 20, 2017
At the sparkler if in the power pool you are put in a box bracket the first day. If you win two games you are in the TV bracket. Or power pool championship bracket. Thatā€™s basically the #1 seeds.

Sep 3, 2015
Elaborate please for what reason was it messed up?

They did not have much of a chance against the power pool teams. Did any supplemental team win against a power pool team?

DDs team played 4 games against the supplemental pool teams and run ruled each one.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The sparkler is the most convoluted hard to understand huge tournament Iā€™ve ever seen. Donā€™t forget there is also the TV bracketā€¦which is somehow connected to the power pool, but anything lower than the supplemental is just a regular local tournament.

I said they very same thing in another thread.

Sep 15, 2015
They did not have much of a chance against the power pool teams. Did any supplemental team win against a power pool team?

DDs team played 4 games against the supplemental pool teams and run ruled each one.

The Oklahoma Angels Yeatts made it to the 18u PP championship bracket and so had to beat at least four PP teams to get there. I thought there was one other similar exampleā€”and thatā€™s just 18u, not the other divisions.

Also, I thought that only one supplemental team made it up to the elimination bracket, so if you all played four of them, at least two of those four must have won at least a game in elimination play (I think). That said, Iā€™m no expert on any of this. That was just my understanding.

Jul 19, 2021
Also, I thought it was kind of messed up to throw the supplemental pool teams against the power pool teams towards the end of the tourney.

Well that's the point of the supplemental pool. To "supplement" the power pool by putting the top supplemental teams into the power pool. Gives those teams who think they got the shaft by not being in the power pool a chance to back up their swagger by proving they were right by winning their way into the power pool.

Jul 19, 2021
They did not have much of a chance against the power pool teams.
Not true. Is this your first time to play there? DD's teams have been in both power and supplemental and frankly faced some supplemental teams that would have wiped the floor with some power pool teams they faced. Not every power pool team is top to bottom P5 commits like Bombers Gold or Athletics Mercado. There are some politics involved with some power pool teams. Support TC throughout the year by entering their other tournaments and you will receive favor.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28