Leaving National Teams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
If you look at the 14u power pool scores, there were clearly a few teams that didn’t belong there before the Supp pool teams were added. DD’s team lost in the bottom of the 7th in their last Supp pool game which had they won would have put them in Power pool. DD’s team played the power pool 2nd place team close in another tournament so while they may not have won a game had they made it into the power pool bracket, I doubt they would have gotten their doors blown off every game either.

That said, I think at the older ages (in particular 18U) they probably have a better idea who belongs in Power Pool and who doesn't...

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
There are some politics involved
...within lots of softball and most group stuff.

Favoritism, Buddies, IOU's, piggybacking on others success, pay-offs 🤷‍♀️🤣 Etc

Yes there is also good people and people who are doing the right thing the right way.

Sep 3, 2015
Not true. Is this your first time to play there? DD's teams have been in both power and supplemental and frankly faced some supplemental teams that would have wiped the floor with some power pool teams they faced. Not every power pool team is top to bottom P5 commits like Bombers Gold or Athletics Mercado. There are some politics involved with power pool teams. Support TC throughout the year by entering their other tournaments and you will receive favor.

First time in PP, DD played in IDT last year with different team. So yes, I did not understand the format of the tournament.

Politics understood, I was just thinking from the perspective of the supplemental teams having their own championship bracket, but I guess that’s just part of the deal.

DDs team doesn’t have much of a chance against mercado smith or dukes Lamar either, so I guess they were kind of in the same boat.

Point taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Was DD's first year in Sparkler. 13U 08 team. Placed in supplemental pool. Won their pool so moved to power pool. Won one game and got thumped in 2 others. Supplemental pool was legit, but power pool teams were a next level. I hate making this sound like an excuse but every team we played in power were 2nd year teams, and mostly 2025 kids (they are all 2027/2026). Was an awesome tournament, where every team, every game was high end talent and competition,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478