Kobata

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
Anyone purchased Kobata's training program? I know most people speak highly of his knowledge but was wondering if the program is worth the money.

Nov 18, 2015
Is it comparable to what Trotsky teaches? (Which I know is baseball oriented)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 26, 2020
He's hysterical. You slow! He came out and did a clinic for my girls team maybe 6 years ago.

He's a smart guy but only as good as the effort you put forth afterwards

Dec 5, 2017
So far I've watched the first two video's and really like it. I feel like I'm going to have issues with her coaches once she starts actually being able to implement the changes. The coach running most of the infield practices now doesn't really know much, to the point that I'm considering having a talk with the head coach about it but don't know how to approach him. "Hey coach, got a minute? So I've noticed coach x doesn't know what the hell he's talking about" probably isn't going to fly :LOL:

Jun 8, 2016
So far I've watched the first two video's and really like it. I feel like I'm going to have issues with her coaches once she starts actually being able to implement the changes. The coach running most of the infield practices now doesn't really know much, to the point that I'm considering having a talk with the head coach about it but don't know how to approach him. "Hey coach, got a minute? So I've noticed coach x doesn't know what the hell he's talking about" probably isn't going to fly :LOL:
That is the one benefit of DD's HC barely working on any fundamentals..

Dec 5, 2017
My new favorite thing to say to dd now, and her least favorite, is "you're already too slow" :LOL:

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
On a routine GB his footwork is big step over, never shuffle, never step behind. Otherwise, you too slow. Interested in what people/coaches think about always big step over vs the shuffle.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Is it comparable to what Trotsky teaches? (Which I know is baseball oriented)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both have good points, but I prefer Trosky whose footwork is less complicated and has a consistent arm slot

Jun 8, 2016
On a routine GB his footwork is big step over, never shuffle, never step behind. Otherwise, you too slow. Interested in what people/coaches think about always big step over vs the shuffle.
Cannot visualize step over..can you show video of somebody doing it? Is right to left, left to target (for a righty) what you are calling shuffle?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22