Kentucky vs Alburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2015
Thank you. Is it safe to assume that's pretty standard across the rulesets then? (well, except when conflicting with NCAA Rule 12.A.(36).b.(vi).4-001. [2020 revision - as amended] :) )

Thanks for giving me something to discuss with the team during a break in practice - with the 3B playing nearer the runner, there's a chance this scenario could happen. With our luck we'll get the umpire who won't call it unless there's physical contact.

Aug 1, 2019
Not offended and all good. She was not but It would be cool is she was....although that's my perspective and likely not hers :ROFLMAO:
Don't be so nice @STRIKE3 .....you we
Fair enough @Westwind and please know I wasn't pertaining to you as a loser I can assure you. Although I can see where that might have been taken that way so please accept my apology. It was not intended that way I can assure.

I saw it a bit differently and didn't think it was a train wreck. A few questionable calls but nothing that I don't see in many games we all watch. But perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention and will admit while I spent alot of time watching those games I did channel surf to other games here and there so likely I missed some of the calls you mention.

In regards to Shelby Lowe's gym step, I will have to look at that further the next time I watch them. I agree it seems not to be called that often anymore which I don't really care one way or the other either.

All good and hope you are enjoying some more good games today. Just waiting for the Oklahoma thread to be posted as my alma matter really looks as good as any OU team I have seen before. Pitching is not the best they have had IMHO but still super solid. But the defense and the bats are absolutely unreal. I hope Texas plays them a little bit closer today and does not get another run rule.

S3
Quit apologizing @STRIKE3! You are correct if you ask me. Some people just don't want to see female umps in the game. Just sad.

Nov 18, 2015
Brought back the scenario ArmWhip asked about.
Out for interference.
Foul ball. Sorry about that.

So ball hits runner, not interference.

But can there be interference if runner is in foul territory, but prevents a fielder from catching a fly ball in foul territory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
Quit apologizing @STRIKE3! You are correct if you ask me. Some people just don't want to see female umps in the game. Just sad.
Dumbest post yet.

I have two successful daughters and a very successful wife who works in a male dominated profession. Two of the mentors that put me in a position to succeed in a three decade career (also male dominated) were female. When it comes to male egos... yeah, I’m aware.

You can watch all three of the games on the ESPN app. I invite you to do that, and I would ask you to pay attention to what one of my favorite announcers Kayla Braud says. She didn’t announce the last game but it was another former player and she was not kind to this crew. I suppose they are sexist too.

Aug 1, 2019
Dumbest post yet.

I have two successful daughters and a very successful wife who works in a male dominated profession. Two of the mentors that put me in a position to succeed in a three decade career (also male dominated) were female. When it comes to male egos... yeah, I’m aware.

You can watch all three of the games on the ESPN app. I invite you to do that, and I would ask you to pay attention to what one of my favorite announcers Kayla Braud says. She didn’t announce the last game but it was another former player and she was not kind to this crew. I suppose they are sexist too.

Thanks @Westwind for making my point for me. I stated some people just don't want to see female umps in the game and you think that is the dumbest post yet?? Are you really that blind????? Women are fighting to have a bigger role in every aspect of sports yet there are plenty that would prefer that doesn't happen or doesn't think it is important enough. Did you see the NCAA Women's Basketball tournament? Sorry you think it is dumb but it is a fact sir!

Apr 28, 2015
Thanks @Westwind for making my point for me. I stated some people just don't want to see female umps in the game and you think that is the dumbest post yet?? Are you really that blind????? Women are fighting to have a bigger role in every aspect of sports yet there are plenty that would prefer that doesn't happen or doesn't think it is important enough. Did you see the NCAA Women's Basketball tournament? Sorry you think it is dumb but it is a fact sir!

Seems someone is blinded by their agenda.

Apr 28, 2015
more than one it seems...

You are the only person pointing out that it was a female ump. I watched the game and didn’t even remember that it was a female umpire. I don’t think anyone’s opinion of the calls would have changed had it been a male ump. Westwind certainly didn’t help make your point. The bad calls were bad because they were bad, not because a female made them. Kind of like I believe you are wrong in your presumptions here and I have no idea what your gender is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802