Keely Rochard illegal pitches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Anyone watching the VA Tech vs UCLA game? VA TECH pitcher (RH) lining up on the far right. I have seen her step outside the pitching lane with absolutely no contact at least 3 times now at top of 2. The chalk is long gone but she has clearly missed it at least 3 times with no illegal pitch call.

I have UCLA like almost everyone moving on to the World Series but wouldn't mind an upset at all.

Anyone else seeing this?

S3

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
(Started a new thread because no one talked about your point.)

Rochard threw several illegal pitches in the game against UCLA. She sets up on the far right of the rubber, and then steps to the right. Several times, she was outside the "Hannah Rogers" lane.

She does it to lefties. She usually stays on the line when righties are up. But, with lefties, she tries to hit the outside corner. With a leftie, the umpires seem to give her the outside pitches that are well off the plate.

(One picture is from the UCLA game, 2nd picture is from a different game.)

Attachments

• rochard.JPG
    rochard.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 44
  • rochard2.JPG
    rochard2.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 44
Jul 14, 2018
f1caee9a630d64f43b1c0459236187ca.jpg

I thought Gabby Plain was doing this the whole game against OU yesterday. I’m not really sure what the rule is, can anyone elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 13, 2021
MI
I’m not really sure what the rule is, can anyone elaborate?

NCAA Rules 2020-2021

10.1.2.2 The stride foot is the one that starts on or behind the pitcher’s plate and extends forward toward home plate as the pitcher steps to deliver the pitch to the batter. The stride foot must land on or within the lines of the pitcher’s lane.

Plain's heel looks like it might be in contact with the lane line.

Rochard left hand pic, hard to tell with the line being gone, but also a bad angle, draw a line from the edge of the pithing plate to the front corner of home plate, looks like she might be alright, nearly impossible to call w/o the line.

Rochard right hand pic, clearly out of the lane.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
f1caee9a630d64f43b1c0459236187ca.jpg

I thought Gabby Plain was doing this the whole game against OU yesterday. I’m not really sure what the rule is, can anyone elaborate?

Looks like her heel is on the line, but regardless, this is well after the ball was hit. Where did she land?

Edit: Watching her now and she consistently lands with her stride foot on the line (the toe is over). She's legal. Maybe she landed outside at some point, but it's not a regular thing.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
agree with all the above and thanks @sluggers for the pics. She definitely had a few that was illegal. We will see what happens tonight.

Gabby had some too. When a team is behind I am usually good with it and don't think the coaches need to say much like the situation Gabby was in. She had several far outside the line today from what I saw but Patty didn't need to say much as OU was cranking her.

VT pitcher on game one was doing the same and thought UCLA had an opportunity to shut it down as they were behind. However they didn't appear too and won last night.

Game 3 should be really good tonight! Can't wait!

S3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28