Kayden 11 yrs old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
So, Kayden and I had one of those Ah Ha moments. We’re both a little frustrated about things… I said, I’m trying to teach you how to swing and all you want to do is hit the ball……. We stared at each other realizing what i just said was eye opening and confusing at the same time…

Out of our conversation, we worked on her swing and hitting the ball. The goal was to get her to keep her hands up and turn the barrel. 1st two swings are from a couple weeks ago.

Jun 8, 2016
So, Kayden and I had one of those Ah Ha moments. We’re both a little frustrated about things… I said, I’m trying to teach you how to swing and all you want to do is hit the ball……. We stared at each other realizing what i just said was eye opening and confusing at the same time…

Out of our conversation, we worked on her swing and hitting the ball. The goal was to get her to keep her hands up and turn the barrel. 1st two swings are from a couple weeks ago.

11 YO can be a pain in the arse sometimes.. :cautious:

Jun 8, 2016
In my experience, 11yos do not have the exclusive on this.
Yeah I was just giving my first hand experience. I am sure I will say the same thing for 12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 (when should I stop?)

May 24, 2013
So Cal

The difference is now vs. the future. You know what the future looks like, what kind of pitching challenges she will be facing, and what it takes to be successful for the whole journey. She doesn't have the same frame of reference. For her right now, success is making contact, regardless of the mechanics that delivered the barrel. Even if she moves the way you ask, if she doesn't make contact, she's going to have a hard time seeing it as success. Good luck. :)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yeah I was just giving my first hand experience. I am sure I will say the same thing for 12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 (when should I stop?)

In my experience, it faded dramatically when the first digit became a 2. Not much before that, though. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802