Juarez throwing backspin rise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Extremely happy for Brooke to leave OU and go to U Miss where she will get some time. Kid is a rockstar and paid her dues. Tough to pitch at OU and she stayed for way too long but found a great spot where she can play. Great move and great kid!

S3

Feb 15, 2017
Extremely happy for Brooke to leave OU and go to U Miss where she will get some time. Kid is a rockstar and paid her dues. Tough to pitch at OU and she stayed for way too long but found a great spot where she can play. Great move and great kid!

S3
There's been quite a few pitchers who have left OU in recent years

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
There's been quite a few pitchers who have left OU in recent years

They picked up a kid from the portal (the kid from North Texas who struck out 21 kids this year) and also have the #1 recruit (pitcher) in the country coming in...there are only so many innings out there ;)

Feb 15, 2017
They picked up a kid from the portal (the kid from North Texas who struck out 21 kids this year) and also have the #1 recruit (pitcher) in the country coming in...there are only so many innings out there ;)
Pattar, wholeheartedly agree. I think that the Student Athletes thought the portal would be a boon for them, but I can't help but think that there are coaches telling kids to look elsewhere after already having back door talks with other players.

Also you see these Super seniors transfer to a school for one more year when it's very hard if not impossible to get a Masters in one year. I heard Ole Miss offered KB Sides two years of scholarship money so she could complete their degree and instead she's going to Arkansas who isn't offering two years. I guess it boils down to is one more year of softball worth it if you don't finish your Masters.

Sidebar- can the colleges assist the student Athletes in making money on NIL? What impact will this have?

Jun 8, 2016
Pattar, wholeheartedly agree. I think that the Student Athletes thought the portal would be a boon for them, but I can't help but think that there are coaches telling kids to look elsewhere after already having back door talks with other players.
There is no way Brito entered the portal without knowing exactly where she was going to end up...

Nov 25, 2012
USA
As I mentioned above. Great to see a very good pitcher find a home. Brooke will do great things at Ole Miss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802