Job Offer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I started here when DD was in 7th grade. A simple bat search brought me here and I stuck around. I am super proud to announce that DD receieved her first real deal job offer, starting after May '23 graduation. Her title will be Financial Analyst for Daikin Corporation. This is the end goal for our kids that continue on to college. She still has another week of fall semester and then 2 classes and softball season in the spring. Thinking back we had mini goals to achieve along the way that seemed so big and important. At the time they were! The journey has been the preparation.

Goals:
  • Make the rec league Allstar team
  • Make the summer Allstar teams(5 summers in a row)
  • Find her 1st TB team-8th grade
  • Start looking at colleges-9th grade
  • Find the right competitive showcase team-9th grade
  • Hit 1st OTF HR-9th grade
  • Make the 18U Gold team-10th grade
  • Get a verbal-11th grade
  • Graduate HS-top 5%
  • Make it campus-
  • Make it back to campus after covid
  • Get stronger
  • Step into Leadership positions
  • Perform well enough for end of season awards
  • Honorable Mention
  • 2nd Team, Team MVP
  • Get summer internship
  • Get paid Co-op
  • Get job offer
  • Pending-Break the career Hit by Pitch school record.
  • Pending-Break into the top 3 career HR list
  • Pending-Graduate!!!
  • Pending-DD pays for car insurance, cell phone and save a bunch of money while shacking with parents.

Jan 25, 2022
Congrats to her. My HS junior is eyeing vet school after a traditional bachelor's. Dropped softball. My freshman has no idea what she wants to do, and I would be surprised if she does before she gets out of HS...haha. Got straight A's again though, wherever that takes her.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Congratulations to both you and your dd. The game is demanding but it gives back in so many ways. I hope that this career move is exactly what your dd worked so hard for.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Congrats to her. My HS junior is eyeing vet school after a traditional bachelor's. Dropped softball. My freshman has no idea what she wants to do, and I would be surprised if she does before she gets out of HS...haha. Got straight A's again though, wherever that takes her.
DD's former teammate is at vet school at Kansas State after graduating from UT Dallas. Her twin sister pitched at Upenn then transferred to Maryland for her 5th year. Both very smart kids and smart parents that I took lots of advice from. Getting into vet school is a tremendous task. It's harder to become a vet than a doctor!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Congratulations to both you and your dd. The game is demanding but it gives back in so many ways. I hope that this career move is exactly what your dd worked so hard for.
Just getting that first job is tough. I told her if you don't like the job after a year, that's okay. She gets some experience under your belt. She really likes her boss, which is half the battle.

Jan 25, 2022
Just getting that first job is tough. I told her if you don't like the job after a year, that's okay. She gets some experience under your belt. She really likes her boss, which is half the battle.

I'm still at my first job after college. Tuesday made 23 years.

Sometimes you hit the right one right off the bat (pun intended).

Jan 25, 2022
DD's former teammate is at vet school at Kansas State after graduating from UT Dallas. Her twin sister pitched at Upenn then transferred to Maryland for her 5th year. Both very smart kids and smart parents that I took lots of advice from. Getting into vet school is a tremendous task. It's harder to become a vet than a doctor!

I've done some research. I was surprised to find out that you don't need any related undergraduate degree to get into vet school. In fact, you don't need an undergraduate degree at all. Some say that getting into vet school is some mystical formula that no one really knows. Some people say if you go undergraduate that it's a good idea to go into an unrelated program that you can fall back on if vet school doesn't happen for any number of life reasons.

She's planning on a pre-vet program at a university nearby though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802