Job Offer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 8, 2016
I've done some research. I was surprised to find out that you don't need any related undergraduate degree to get into vet school. In fact, you don't need an undergraduate degree at all. Some say that getting into vet school is some mystical formula that no one really knows. Some people say if you go undergraduate that it's a good idea to go into an unrelated program that you can fall back on if vet school doesn't happen for any number of life reasons.

She's planning on a pre-vet program at a university nearby though.
I would be glad to help any way I can. My day job is teaching vet students. Getting into vet school and can seen like it is bit of a mystical path

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Jan 25, 2022
W
I would be glad to help any way I can. My day job is teaching vet students. Getting into vet school and can seen like it is bit of a mystical path

Wow. Thank you so much. At the very least I may have some questions at some point. We'll see if she's still gung ho for it in the spring, but she's the type that tends to stick to her plans. And she watches the incredible Dr Pol a lot, so...

If there's anything you know that could benefit her that's within her control right now I would love to know it. She's #1 in her class, FFA officer, and trying to volunteer at a clinic on Saturdays. Spent most of her life on a farm part time when my wife and her bio dad had shared custody. Been front and center for a lot of gross stuff.

Should have a good ACT score. She got a 27 last year without studying. I would be shocked if she doesn't go well past 30 if she'd listen to her mother for the next one. :)

Mar 8, 2016
Right now the most important thing is to spend time with vets to make sure she wants to do it as a career. There is a predicted shortage of vets over the next 15 years. Starting salaries have really increased over the last 2-3 years. The current job market is great. Historically debt to starting salary ratio had not been good but that is improving at a fast rate.
Once she gets started in college she will need to look up vet schools she might want to apply to. Every school has different requirements. It is a lot of work to figure out the different requirements. Large schools have whole groups of people to help with this process. Small schools do not. Any university and any major can get you into vet school as long as you have all the requirements.
There is a lot of pressure to maintain grades and test scores. A little of this is healthy but it can be overwhelming. DD is a college junior and wants to go to vet school. She is able to juggle school and athletics. It is a lot of work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee