Jen Schro or not to Jen Schro?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Hey..quick question...does your DD crisscross the bottom 2 straps on the back or go straight across on the Jen Schros? We tried going straigjt across but didnt seem to "hug" her leg as well as criss crossing the straps.

Straight. She has pretty muscular legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yep, same helmet but I've seen the same "pad treatment" variance in other helmets too.

Pro-X
View attachment 20998

JSchro
View attachment 20999

I believe (but I could be wrong) that the padding material itself is the same in both. The Pro-X wraps the pads with fabric where the JS model doesn't. What we see in the JS model is the multi-density padding that we are looking for. This is an area where Easton has improved tremendously from the previous generation of helmets.

Oct 4, 2018
Put a priority on fit and comfort. Mixing models and brands is fine. My DD's current set includes an Easton Pro-X helmet, Wilson ProMotion chest, and All-Star System 7 legs. A stiff chest protector that doesn't move well with the body is not ideal. Also, you want the chest protector to fit like a compression shirt, not an apron. For smaller players, sometimes this means modifying the straps for it to tighten properly around the body.

My DD wanted to up her catching game, and we just got her:

Chest: Jen Schro Chest Guard
Legs: All-Star Vela Professional leg guards
Head: Easton Pro-X

Very pleased with the mix-and-match set up, all in black.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802