Jayleen - 15yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Thanks WW. No one purposefully took the hand pump away. At least we didn’t tell her to stop! - ha. I think it went away as a result of another adjustment. For whatever reason it disappeared. But I wonder if it will resurface as we focus on what you and Cornbread pointed out.

During front toss she’ll start slinging them who knows where. Fouling them off left, right and everywhere else. I stopped her and we focused strictly on the back leg re: load. Immediately the timing got better and she was driving every ball down the cage. I just didn’t know enough about the rest. This aligns with what her hitting coach mentioned as well. So that’s always good to know.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
She gets taller before contact.

It used to be worse. But that is something her hitting coach made note of as well, so we’re working on that. Previously, she’d stand almost upright during the stride. She has had history of getting taller right before contact. I can’t tell if it’s because she’s bracing for the contact or what.

Jun 8, 2016
It used to be worse. But that is something her hitting coach made note of as well, so we’re working on that. Previously, she’d stand almost upright during the stride. She has had history of getting taller right before contact. I can’t tell if it’s because she’s bracing for the contact or what.
Work on the other stuff mentioned and that may/will take care of it naturally.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Early posture loss in this case is due to the sway so there’s no posterior load which creates an upper body launch absent of lower half engagement. IOW no stability for the upper to launch against hence the early spine/hip extension in an effort to create speed.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
So, Jayleen hasn’t worked on a thing due to a toe injury. Which occurred from recording herself attempting the worm for a friend. During the attempt her feet came straight down with toes extended and slammed on the floor. The video is actually funny other than the pain she ended up in.

The toe is about back to normal after a month. This video is from a hit during a tournament last weekend. Per her, “This pitcher was faster so I had to be super early”. This was the only at bat where she didn’t rock back like the earlier posted videos.

No real reason sharing this other than to just share it. Now that the toe is better we’ll begin working on the afore mentioned suggestions.

Jun 8, 2016
So, Jayleen hasn’t worked on a thing due to a toe injury. Which occurred from recording herself attempting the worm for a friend. During the attempt her feet came straight down with toes extended and slammed on the floor. The video is actually funny other than the pain she ended up in.

The toe is about back to normal after a month. This video is from a hit during a tournament last weekend. Per her, “This pitcher was faster so I had to be super early”. This was the only at bat where she didn’t rock back like the earlier posted videos.

No real reason sharing this other than to just share it. Now that the toe is better we’ll begin working on the afore mentioned suggestions.

I was laughing at how the injury occurred nothing else. She is in good company though..many Boston sports figures have injured themselves in the most bizarre ways including Wade Boggs getting out of the tub (suppposedly..although there may have been a mistress involved in said incident)

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I was laughing at how the injury occurred nothing else. She is in good company though..many Boston sports figures have injured themselves in the most bizarre ways including Wade Boggs getting out of the tub (suppposedly..although there may have been a mistress involved in said incident)

Kids will be kids. A silly way to get put on the IL. The NHL had a player who was put on long term injury for throwing his back out….by sneezing while eating pancakes. Another by rolling his ankle stepping off a curb (inebriated….allegedly). But a foot injury due to attempting the worm makes me laugh every time I tell the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802