ISO wide width cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 1, 2021
My 15 YO has worn New Balance wide width cleats for a couple years. They've been impossible to find the past year, so she tried the standard width and now has a painful callous from the friction on the inside of her foot. Anyone know for sure if New Balance has just stopped making wide width cleats? Anyone found a good substitute? Cleats for men?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter has flippers for feet, so finding good, comfortable ones has been a struggle. We use New Balance turf shoes in a wide, but as you mentioned, they're becoming hard to find. Mizuno makes a pretty wide standard size that my daughter likes. Also, Ringor makes wide sizes in their cleats, but not their turfs. I just got a pair of Flites to replace her Mizuno spikes, which wore out. She got an 11.5 wide to replace an 11 standard in Mizuno, and she says they're very comfortable. They're expensive, though.

If this doesn't work, try men's cleats instead and go down a out 1.5 - 2 sizes to get a woman's size. You'll have better luck finding men's than woman's.

Apr 22, 2015
My daughter has flippers for feet, so finding good, comfortable ones has been a struggle. We use New Balance turf shoes in a wide, but as you mentioned, they're becoming hard to find. Mizuno makes a pretty wide standard size that my daughter likes. Also, Ringor makes wide sizes in their cleats, but not their turfs. I just got a pair of Flites to replace her Mizuno spikes, which wore out. She got an 11.5 wide to replace an 11 standard in Mizuno, and she says they're very comfortable. They're expensive, though.

If this doesn't work, try men's cleats instead and go down a out 1.5 - 2 sizes to get a woman's size. You'll have better luck finding men's than woman's.
I’m just the opposite of both of you guys. I’m looking for something more narrow for my daughter. Years back she wore the Adidas Monica Abbott’s and they fit her great. After that she went to Mizuno and they are to wide, she has them pulled so tight in the toe box area it’s ridiculous. The men’s mizuno (size 8.5) are even more wide than the women’s (Size 10). I think we are going to try some new Nike’s next, they are suppose to be more narrow.
Also for the Mizuno cleats users out there. Mizuno offers a one year warranty on their cleats. You get one replacement and it has to be the exact shoe,size and color as the original pair. Honestly not sure why they do this, because other than ringors, rarely can a pitcher get a full year out of a pair. We have exchanged 3 pair so far in the past 5 years.....If anyone needs a brand new pair of Mizuno red/white size 10 and I will throw in a 1 game pair used Mizuno red/white mens size 8.5....Hit me up

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I’m just the opposite of both of you guys. I’m looking for something more narrow for my daughter. Years back she wore the Adidas Monica Abbott’s and they fit her great. After that she went to Mizuno and they are to wide, she has them pulled so tight in the toe box area it’s ridiculous. The men’s mizuno (size 8.5) are even more wide than the women’s (Size 10). I think we are going to try some new Nike’s next, they are suppose to be more narrow.
Also for the Mizuno cleats users out there. Mizuno offers a one year warranty on their cleats. You get one replacement and it has to be the exact shoe,size and color as the original pair. Honestly not sure why they do this, because other than ringors, rarely can a pitcher get a full year out of a pair. We have exchanged 3 pair so far in the past 5 years.....If anyone needs a brand new pair of Mizuno red/white size 10 and I will throw in a 1 game pair used Mizuno red/white mens size 8.5....Hit me up
The standard size Ringors are narrow. Maybe those would work for you?

May 21, 2014
My 15 YO has worn New Balance wide width cleats for a couple years. They've been impossible to find the past year, so she tried the standard width and now has a painful callous from the friction on the inside of her foot. Anyone know for sure if New Balance has just stopped making wide width cleats? Anyone found a good substitute? Cleats for men?
new balance mens if you can find them.

Ringor offers wide widths.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Have you looked into mens cleats? We dont even look for womens cleats bc the mens cleats are already wide to begin with.

Jan 1, 2021
Have you looked into mens cleats? We dont even look for womens cleats bc the mens cleats are already wide to begin with.
I think I'll check out Mizuno and men's cleats, based on this thread's feedback. Thank you!!

Jun 11, 2012
Boombah cleats fit my narrow footed kid best. She gets horrible calluses that bleed from most other brands because her feet swim in them. Also doesn’t help that she has tiny feet. She can wear kids sizes but they don’t make metals in any of those brands.
Her college team didn’t supply footwear this year because of supply issues and she was thrilled to be able to wear Boombahs again. And her trainer was thrilled that he didn’t have to bandage her bleeding calluses a single time this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478