Is it time for a sports psychologist?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2018
Maybe she just needs a change in scenery (softball wise). I’m hoping the coaching change helps. She says “she gets a good vibe” from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 24, 2018
A guy smarter than me told my DD that there are 3 things needed for consistently good hitting, 1 - Intent to hit, 2 - eyes on the ball, 3 - Mechanics. You can hit the ball with just 1 & 2, but not with only 3. Most slumps that I have seen are due to a lack of #1. If you are in the box thinking about anything but hitting the ball, you'll tend to not hit it. What is the thought pattern in the box? Is it "what happens if I strike out" or "what if I swing at a bad pitch"? It needs to be there is the ball, I'm gonna hit it (along with some discipline not to swing at bad pitches). Keep it simple. Once the bat gets back on the ball, confidence builds and also the ability to fine tune the swing

Jun 27, 2018
Yes!! I can totally see a different approach from before. Before you could tell her body language was “I got this. I’m going to get these runners in.” Now her body language is very much the opposite. Even her swing seems unsure when she swings.

Jun 27, 2018
She decided yesterday that she is not letting any negative thoughts control her. She kinda had a breakdown and let all the frustration out. Today she went to a college camp. She hit really well and appeared like she is gaining confidence back. I feel like she turned a corner. I swear after this is all over I could write a book.

Aug 2, 2019
You know what, I may show her some old Ric Flair promos, and tell her “When your in the box, you’re Ric Flair. In the circle, you’re Ric Flair.” I’d love to see the WHOOOOOO!!!! after a big hit or when she strikes someone out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28