Is it bad Etiquette for daughter to ask coaches if she can stay and work with older teams practice?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 16, 2021
So when my daughter started with this organization we had 2 ex college players and 6 other coaches helping with 3 teams (12u, 14u, and 16u), my daughters a 12u, the coaching was always pretty evenly spread out and she made great strides this year with the coaching and defense clinics but now the organization has taken on a 10u team as well and has grouped the 12u with them in practices and stopped the clinics, the practices have now been watered down and the ex college players only work with the 14u and 16u. My daughter is thinking of asking if she can practice the 14u on top of practicing with her team, is this bad Etiquette?

Mar 28, 2014
So when my daughter started with this organization we had 2 ex college players and 6 other coaches helping with 3 teams (12u, 14u, and 16u), my daughters a 12u, the coaching was always pretty evenly spread out and she made great strides this year with the coaching and defense clinics but now the organization has taken on a 10u team as well and has grouped the 12u with them in practices and stopped the clinics, the practices have now been watered down and the ex college players only work with the 14u and 16u. My daughter is thinking of asking if she can practice the 14u on top of practicing with her team, is this bad Etiquette?
My theory is it never hurts to ask but ask yourself this. What if every 12u player asked to practice with the 14u?

Feb 5, 2019
Start with, 'May I watch your practices?' If she does the drills, off to the side of course, this will be noticed. A good 14U coach will see it and ask her if she wants to take reps with their team.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If the older Team is a little short of players at practice I would not hesitate DD asking them.

At this age we combined with an older Team, safety of some of our players was a concern but the older players handled it well.

Apr 28, 2019
No ask away!!! It shows initiative and tells the coaches she is willing to put extra time in to improve her skills.
Any good coach would welcome this and it would definitely put her on my radar.
The org one of my DD plays with allows this. Never tell a kid no when they are willing to work hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802