Interest Surges in Top Colleges, While Struggling Ones Scrape for Applicants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I just want to say....... This is really interesting.

Makes me wonder if creativity is as important as hard knowledge.

WW - There have been a few articles and papers on this topic in the last 10 years or so. (Sorry, not gonna do a search for them this morning). I don't find that connection at all surprising however, back in the "old" days when boredom meant getting creative, using your imagination and your own mind rather than being spoonfed info and entertainment from a phone or TV. Laying on the ground looking for shapes in the clouds. Making up games with your neighborhood gang. Necessity being the mother of invention and if you needed something to build a tree fort you went searching for it and made something work. Ah yes, the good old days. Creativity combined with hard knowledge propelled this country forward.

Dec 11, 2010
Oh yeah, I’m a product of those days! I‘m in my 50’s, an only child that grew up in the country, so there used to be many hours whiled away finding ways to entertain myself.

Yet most kids today are pretty sharp, maybe in ways we were not.

Some are knuckle heads.

Same as it ever was.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2016
" I suck as a sports parent "

You may want to expand your self-evaluation and as it seems to me that you are struggling in many areas to just meet the criteria of being a decent person.

It seems like you may need to do this yourself. You have been spouting some awfully judgemental statements throughout this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802