instagram as a recruiting tool

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
anyone use instagram as a recruiting tool?

DD2 has been using twitter, but it is spiraling down the toilet pretty quickly here, so she wants to add another platform

insta is the logical choice, just wondering if others are using it at all?

Aug 13, 2017
spiraling down quickly? Because of Elon Musk purchase or something else? Do share because I just posted a question about Twitter recruiting as well. Not same question, but in general.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
spiraling down quickly? Because of Elon Musk purchase or something else? Do share because I just posted a question about Twitter recruiting as well. Not same question, but in general.

Twitter isn't going to just shut down overnight, but there does seem to be a pretty swift move for people to deactivate accounts. And with Musk's plan to charge a monthly fee for verification, you might see even more people ditch the platform.

I don't know how prevalent instagram is for recruiting, but you may as well set up and account and use it. Use every tool possible to get noticed.

Nov 15, 2019
My daughter has had a softball specific IG account for over a year. She sends a link to it to coaches along with her Twitter account and I think only one coach has followed her on IG. Mostly it's other athletes that follow her there.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
From my and my DD's experience, instagram is way less utilized than twitter. Twitter is very good way of communicating with schools.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter has both, but she rarely uses Instagram because it doesn't get nearly the same interactions as Twitter. I despise both platforms. Here's hoping Twitter gets better now.

Aug 9, 2021
Twitter, IG, direct email, sports recruits (that the TB team plays for), and an occasional hand written note...usually after a camp. Who knows what will eventually stick?

Oct 3, 2019
Twitter isn't going to just shut down overnight, but there does seem to be a pretty swift move for people to deactivate accounts. And with Musk's plan to charge a monthly fee for verification, you might see even more people ditch the platform.

I don't know how prevalent instagram is for recruiting, but you may as well set up and account and use it. Use every tool possible to get noticed.
One of my twitter accounts is set up specifically directed towards softball. I follow some college teams/coaches and other softball recruiting related accounts. I don't use it to garner followers however, what I do notice, is how many times someone follows me that has nothing to do with softball. As I check out their profile, it invariably is women wanting relationships or invitations to visit their page, always with sexual undertones or, crypto sites. Certainly they aren't targeting me for this so, I'm guessing they just reach out randomly at however many profiles they can. I have to think this is also happening to the youngsters who have twitter accounts set up for softball recruiting purposes. Yes, you simply block these people however, it's appalling that this happens at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802