Injury Study

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
Nov 18, 2022
Also would be interesting to know split between HE and IR pitchers(I'm betting they did not distinguish)just with my daughter she had the upper back at least once a year when she was HE- in the 3 years since going IR nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Also would be interesting to know split between HE and IR pitchers(I'm betting they did not distinguish)just with my daughter she had the upper back at least once a year when she was HE- in the 3 years since going IR nothing.

Right, no distinction made between pitching styles (HE vs IR) in this study. In your daughter's case, I'd bet a combination of growth/physical maturity and skill development in her IR years vs HE years is a driver behind lack of back pain.

I'm about as far from a pitching expert as you can get, but it seems to me that IR is a much more explosive/"violent" pitching mechanic vs HE, so I'd expect overall to see overuse result in more injury in those pitchers.

May 13, 2021
I absolutely believe there should be pitch counts like baseball. The only org I know of currently that has one is Little League. If there was multi million dollar careers for women we would have one now. As I have said before if people cared out girls as much as they do boys there would be one now. The don't care because there is no money in it.

Aug 1, 2019
MN

Don't know that you could generate a decent comparison. The higher the level of ball, the fewer HE pitchers you see.

Nov 18, 2022
I wasn't trying to generate a new study but wondering what the split of HE/IR was on the 28 /14-18 year olds in this study.

Oct 4, 2018
I absolutely believe there should be pitch counts like baseball. The only org I know of currently that has one is Little League. If there was multi million dollar careers for women we would have one now. As I have said before if people cared out girls as much as they do boys there would be one now. The don't care because there is no money in it.

I kinda think there should be pitch counts as well. It would certainly make the game less enjoyable and add one more thing to pay attention to, but it does seem like the right move.

Nov 18, 2022
Look closer they are absolutely there- i still see at high level tourneys in the SE- they are not the easily spotted perfect form HE that you think of but they are still pushing the ball down the backside vs pulling it down- heck my daughters old pitching coach all they teach is HE and have girls doing g it that are committed to D1 bigger schools!

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I wasn't trying to generate a new study but wondering what the split of HE/IR was on the 28 /14-18 year olds in this study.

Ok, gotcha now. You were referring specifically to the pitchers in the study, I was thinking overall. I'll try to keep up better. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802