In need of some advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
A friend of mine, his dd is a waitress at a small family restaurant, she frequently makes $200 in an afternoon. My wife and I met at a restaurant where we both worked (1000 years ago) but I can tell you its not terribly difficult work. Restaurants are generally very flexible in scheduling so they should be able to work around your school and sports schedules. If you want to work, this is a great job for a HS student

If you intend to work when you got away to school this might be a good thing for you. College towns have thousands of young people looking for work. If you walk in with a years experience and a good letter of recommendation from a home town restaurant you might be pushed to the top of the list of applicants. Just a thought.

I have a few friends that work as waitresses and they all love their jobs and love having money in their wallet at the end of the night. I talked to the owner and she would be able to work my schedule around school and sports. So, with my friends I was having breakfast with and my working friends at the diner...I filled out a application and got a interview on the spot. I don't know if I'll get a second interview or if I'll be hired...but I think the prospects are good.

I do intend on working when I go off to college. I know that this work experience will be valuable when it comes to getting a job when I'm in college. I'm looking forward to maybe having a job through the school year :).

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I figured I would update you guys on what's happening on the senior year work front.

I went into the diner where I had my first interview, Saturday after playing in our final tournament of the summer season (we finished our season today). So I have a few teammates along with me. We sit down and order our drinks, talked and laughed for a little while we decided what we wanted. The owner's daughter, who now goes to my school and is on the cheer team with me, comes walking over to our table. She asks me to back with her...so I followed. I was greeted by her mom and dad. They said that they wanted to give me a second interview and that they wanted to call to set it up but I beat them to it by coming in. I apologized for how I was dressed and that I just came from a tournament and I wasn't prepared for a interview. They told me it was alright and it showed that I was willing to work hard. I interviewed well enough that I got the job and I start Tuesday morning at 6 am. They handed me some shirts and a couple aprons. Also they told me to wear black pants or a skirt. I can't believe I got it. YAY!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee