If the ghost didn't exist...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 18, 2022
Took DD to Dick's to try out some bats this past weekend. She tried the LXT, Meta, GA and Ghost DB. She preferred the Meta and DB (trying to find her next bat after her 2021 LXT). I've been reading reviews for months and have been reading about the Meta as well. Why on earth are these ridiculously expensive bats so fragile?

From your past experiences, is she likely to like a Xeno if she likes the Meta and DB? Might have to go look for one of those for her to try out.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
. Why on earth are these ridiculously expensive bats so fragile?
Parents want hot bats right out of the wrapper. To get that, bats are made to perform and durability is not the main concern.
We are here because of what customers want. Its the fine line of max performance, but trying to keep the bat together.
Bats go thru so much flex and collision each and every hit.
Composite bats are an amazing thing actually

Feb 15, 2017
Parents want hot bats right out of the wrapper. To get that, bats are made to perform and durability is not the main concern.
We are here because of what customers want. Its the fine line of max performance, but trying to keep the bat together.
And little Suzie wants to add five extra feet so those hits off the handle ot end of the barrel drop over second bases head instead of a pop fly out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mar 8, 2021
At less than 2 weeks from warranty coverage my daughter (14u first year) exploded the barrel of her 32/22 meta. She has hit a minimum of 30,000 softballs and never once a dimple pitching machine ball. She loves the meta like it's her baby.

Slugger evaluated the failure and suggested a lower drop weight based on the damage after we sent the bat to them. They however were not privy to how many balls the bat has popped off. I have absolutely no complaints about the integrity of the bat. It has performed and been reliable.

👍🏻

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Bat threads :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I say bring back the SRV4B, SCN4B, and the FP11ST10 and have little Suzie put in the time to properly break it in, then she'll have a rocket launcher boomstick that she can't break if she tries!

All you new Dads out there in DFP land have no idea what a real bat is!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101