If Softball HAS to Have Time Limits…

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 6, 2020
Interesting idea. My thoughts, though, is that you are now creating multiple time limits. What I have found works is the "finish the inning" idea. i think it is bush league when coaches do exactly as you mentioned - I've coached a game where the other coach changed catchers twice and the pitcher once. That's completely unacceptable and is a mockery of the game. If you have to finish the inning, this would alleviate the problem. No drop dead. Change catchers all you want - I'm still batting in the bottom of the inning. You still will have the coach milk the clock so they do not have to start an inning, but at least you aren't getting the multiple catching changes, tying of the shoes, conferences, etc.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Interesting idea. My thoughts, though, is that you are now creating multiple time limits. What I have found works is the "finish the inning" idea. i think it is bush league when coaches do exactly as you mentioned - I've coached a game where the other coach changed catchers twice and the pitcher once. That's completely unacceptable and is a mockery of the game. If you have to finish the inning, this would alleviate the problem. No drop dead. Change catchers all you want - I'm still batting in the bottom of the inning. You still will have the coach milk the clock so they do not have to start an inning, but at least you aren't getting the multiple catching changes, tying of the shoes, conferences, etc.
The only games where it was drop dead was JV games, pool games, and some showcase games that meant nothing. Otherwise time limit with finish the inning. Never experienced the revert to previous inning format.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maggiemay67