If I were still a lurker, or a brand new member here…..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I have no problem with Ghost, my new one has stress marks already from my 10 year old. They are the top performing bat, covered for one year, and I expect to size up almost every year as needed. Until your girl stops growing, you'll either buy too big of a bat they fight with, or size correctly and change once a year as they grow.
Covered for -two- years if you buy it with a Visa and keep both your Visa statement and a copy of your receipt.

Visa doubles the warranty of sports equipment through Visa Card Services. MasterCard prob does too.

Jun 19, 2012
But back to my original post.....and you were that new dad / parent, tell me I'm wrong. Trust me Ww, I get and agree with everything you just said here, I definitely get it!
From a dad who's wife says he has a "problem ". My DD and I have swung it all to name a few:
Xeno Lxt pxt meta x rockettech( alloy to the new carbon), miken mv3 and triad, rip it reaper, demarini cf insane and prism, worth 454 2 legit, rawlings Quattro pro, monsta m18 (she took to the trash can and threw it away), easton synge mako(non torq) every ghost(yes every model). Her favorite is the blue and grey ghost hands down(just wishes it had the advance knob on it.)
So if easton came out with a Game only bat and said look it might be more likely to break but the performance is better than any ghost I can tell you it would be in the bag.
Reviews are nice but as the old saying goes opinions and buttholes etc etc.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thats why it cracks me up when people fall for the random post about some bat giving them 7-10mph more exit speeds and everybody jumps...hahaha. I dont tend to live on reviews much...because you just dont know the reviewer and situation and
preference.

But you are right, there is a perfect bat for every kid...the one they feel fits them and they produce better with that one. May not be the best for everybody, but it works for them. Some girls like balanced, some like a bit heavier. Some like flex, some like stiffer. Some like "soft" feel bats, some like to feel the hit. Thats why Easton girls dont usually prefer other brands. Thats why Demarini fans usually always like Demarini and so on.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
From a dad who's wife says he has a "problem ". My DD and I have swung it all to name a few:
Xeno Lxt pxt meta x rockettech( alloy to the new carbon), miken mv3 and triad, rip it reaper, demarini cf insane and prism, worth 454 2 legit, rawlings Quattro pro, monsta m18 (she took to the trash can and threw it away), easton synge mako(non torq) every ghost(yes every model). Her favorite is the blue and grey ghost hands down(just wishes it had the advance knob on it.)
So if easton came out with a Game only bat and said look it might be more likely to break but the performance is better than any ghost I can tell you it would be in the bag.
That's a lovely story, and you're obviously a seasoned equipment junkie and not that new dad / parent I was describing in my original post!

Trust me, you're preaching to the choir about having a "problem", my wife feels the same way yours does!

Oct 4, 2018
Covered for -two- years if you buy it with a Visa and keep both your Visa statement and a copy of your receipt.

Visa doubles the warranty of sports equipment through Visa Card Services. MasterCard prob does too.

I wonder though...

Does Visa know how to determine if the bat is really broken? Do they do the refund "no questions asked"? Anyone gone this route? I'd love to use the hell out of a Ghost for 22 months and then get a full refund.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478