If I were still a lurker, or a brand new member here…..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Bats break.

DD was an early adopter of the Ghost. Thanks Core!

She now attends a Louisville school. She broke 2 LXT’s last summer while home.

While she was in hs, I bought her a minty fresh Stealth Speed. It wasn’t cheap. She broke that in winter training. Old bats weren’t as bulletproof as people remember and frankly most of us only know the “history” of softball starting with when our DD’s started playing.

I’d like to know what Easton market share is. If you sell most of the bats being used, you will sell most of the bats being broken.

I personally think people look at this completely wrong. I say buy a bat with a warranty from a reputable dealer like Core. When it breaks, you get another one. Use your credit card warranty to double the warranty. Is two years not enough for a piece of equipment so important that gets used that much?

If you break an eBay bat, you are done. It’s gone and so is your money.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Patents are OUTRAGED at too much stuff.

Bats, umpires, coaches, scale weights of bats, whatever. Oh you have to ship it back so they send you a brand new bat?

As Coach Silvio would say: The sadness accrues.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Patents are OUTRAGED at too much stuff.

Bats, umpires, coaches, scale weights of bats, whatever. Oh you have to ship it back so they send you a brand new bat?

As Coach Silvio would say: The sadness accrues.
But back to my original post.....and you were that new dad / parent, tell me I'm wrong. Trust me Ww, I get and agree with everything you just said here, I definitely get it!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thank you WW...I have said the same thing for years, just get tired of saying it. I was talking to EricF this weekend via
text. bats break. Now, if you sell 100K bats and 5% break, thats 5000 bats that have been returned. Seems like a lot, but not really. And you will
see every one of them post on some forum or another...hahahaha. Now, should breakage rate be
5%. maybe not...maybe ideal is 2-3%. If you sell 200K bats, 5% is 10000 bats. I dont even think its 5% when you think
of it that way. Im just throwing numbers out there for giggles just to give an idea and more perspective.
And again, if you're one of the few that broke multiple in one year, Easton even helps you out there.

Heck, look at that one post about the guy that broke 3 or 4 LS at the connection in like a year, it happens, sorry to say.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
But back to my original post.....and you were that new dad / parent, tell me I'm wrong. Trust me Ww, I get and agree with everything you just said here, I definitely get it!

If I was brand new to the sport and didn’t know any better? Id 100% stay away from a Ghost. All the reviews on DSG are about how it breaks right away. Even people locally were surprised I spent money on a bat that would “break after a couple swings”.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812