If I were still a lurker, or a brand new member here…..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I wonder though...

Does Visa know how to determine if the bat is really broken? Do they do the refund "no questions asked"? Anyone gone this route? I'd love to use the hell out of a Ghost for 22 months and then get a full refund.
I had a guy tell me he was doing this. You have to go buy a new Ghost to replace the bat then they reimburse you the cost of the old bat I believe. The new Ghost can be more than the old Ghost, but i believe they make you show a new purchase. They dont just give you money back. For example, your old Ghost cost 250, you break it after the
warranty period and you call Visa. You go buy a new Ghost for 300. You show them the new receipt that
you went and bought a new bat and they reimburse you the 250 of the original bat.
Its an extended year on the warranty on the bat, not a cash back refund of the price. They arent going to
just give you money for a broken bat. You know how many bogus broken bat claims they would have
if they didnt make you buy another bat and show you had to replace one...hahaha. Still a great deal I think.
You can work that system pretty well. Thats how this guy explained it to me what he had to do

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Here is an article about it:

I did this 2 times I remember with out of warranty bats. Both times they had me send the bat to some sporting goods sounding place in Kansas or something, I assume to inspect it. They later refunded my original purchase price, not the full retail price. I think it came in the form of a gift card.

I’m sure they work it different ways depending on the circumstances.

Here is another link:

This is worth reading. The extended benefits only scratches the surface, I think there are a lot of available coverages including a whole section on travel.

I think I have missed a lot of ways to take advantage of these benefits.

The key is to keep copies of credit card statements which I don’t do. The online statements are purged after 6 months or whatever. Keeping a pdf version would be ideal.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Maybe they even treat it different depending what you wan to do? If you want just a refund, you have to send the bat in somewhere.
If you want a replacement, you have to do the purchase then credit thing.
I have no idea, just went by what this guy said he was told to do. I dont use any of that stuff although I probably should...haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45