IDT or Sparkler (Colorado)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Our team would be paid up pretty much a year in advance, with Hotel blocks starting to fill in October. You gotta get on that ASAP, or you will be sorry. This is no joke!

IDT: There are two divisions in 18u-The Boulder Division which is where you want to be and the Louisville Division, which is where you compete to qualify to get entry into the Boulder Division. I like it because you know exactly where you will play every game and they are not spaced out all over the Denver area. DD played in the 16U Hittin Kitten Division in the Sparkler, where there were college coaches. The last 3 years she played in the IDT Boulder. Night and Day in competition.

BTW, IDT is my favorite week of the year. I will miss it dearly. I just like leaving the hot humid climate of Houston for a 15 hour drive with the scenery changing every 2 hours and to arrive at my friend's house in Longmont knowing that I will have a cold basement to sleep in is bliss for me. And to enter Colorado through the Raton Pass is breath taking. The timing was always perfect for me since my favorite band Widespread Panic would do a 3 night run at Red Rocks (Fri, Sat, Sun) before the tourney. I was supposed to go back this past summer...but ya know.

Apr 26, 2015
Much better fields for IDT - less distance to travel.

Sparkler takes place all over the metro Denver area (depending on age group and power pool or not) - and has even spread south to Colorado Springs and north to Ft Colins. There have been issues in the past with the 16s and 18s being very far apart geographically making it tough for coaches to be at both.

Coaches at the IDT are top notch. And in the past they were everywhere.

The org that runs the IDT is very well respected and does a great job promoting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Much better fields for IDT - less distance to travel.

Sparkler takes place all over the metro Denver area (depending on age group and power pool or not) - and has even spread south to Colorado Springs and north to Ft Colins. There have been issues in the past with the 16s and 18s being very far apart geographically making it tough for coaches to be at both.

Coaches at the IDT are top notch. And in the past they were everywhere.

The org that runs the IDT is very well respected and does a great job promoting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
( not to get off-topic, pgf teams got spread out also)
Reminder to make sure if your dd / athletes are contacting colleges let them know where your playing! Maybe future live streaming will help this.

Mar 26, 2016
Colorado I feel is an experience every softball player should partake in at least once. I do agree if you aren't playing in IDT or the power pools won't be much "showcasing".

Nov 8, 2020
IDT is a better tournament for the same reasons everyone has posted. Better fields, stiffer competition, more centralized.
Sparkler is a good tournament too though, the Power Pool is where you want to be but for teams in the lower divisions, PGF may not be an option so its cool to get to see all the teams from all over the country. You get to see how different the other parts of the country are and see all of those god awful sublimated uniforms the teams in the south like

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Colorado I feel is an experience every softball player should partake in at least once. I do agree if you aren't playing in IDT or the power pools won't be much "showcasing".
Agree!
Every player should partake!
Plus its beautiful place to play!
There is showcasing at all levels there.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD played in the 16U Hittin' Kitten bracket back in the day, and there actually were college coaches at almost every game.

Mar 10, 2020
IDT is a better tournament for the same reasons everyone has posted. Better fields, stiffer competition, more centralized.

Sparkler is a good tournament too though, the Power Pool is where you want to be but for teams in the lower divisions, PGF may not be an option so its cool to get to see all the teams from all over the country. You get to see how different the other parts of the country are and see all of those god awful sublimated uniforms the teams in the south like
IDT College Rucruitment paid for itself and more.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
You get to see how different the other parts of the country are and see all of those god awful sublimated uniforms the teams in the south like
I’ll agree that some of the uniforms are horrible but when you play in the sweltering heat and humidity that is common down here, you quickly realize why alot of teams use those thin uniforms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802