IDT or Sparkler (Colorado)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2016
How far in advance do you suggest a team sign up in advance for IDT or Sparkler?
I know with current restrictions might change or cancel these. I'm just trying to get a feel on the registration timing.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
How far in advance do you suggest a team sign up in advance for IDT or Sparkler?
I know with current restrictions might change or cancel these. I'm just trying to get a feel on the registration timing.
Thanks!

I guess it would depend on if you have a team full of players that are capable of playing at a power 5 school, or upper level D1 schools. If not why would you spend the money to go to either one of them, other than a high priced vacation. Evaluate your teams talent and put them in showcases where coaches at that level will be at. The chances of your daughter being recruited at those events are slim to none. Save your money and go to a school’s camp that your daughter may be interested in if they have one.

Lots of money, for little pay off.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I guess it would depend on if you have a team full of players that are capable of playing at a power 5 school, or upper level D1 schools. If not why would you spend the money to go to either one of them, other than a high priced vacation. Evaluate your teams talent and put them in showcases where coaches at that level will be at. The chances of your daughter being recruited at those events are slim to none. Save your money and go to a school’s camp that your daughter may be interested in if they have one.

Lots of money, for little pay off.
Theres a mixture of talent levels there.
Brings a mixture of college coaches.
Almost something for everyone.

Agree with evaluate teams ability.
Sometimes exposure to these events is an 'educational experience' for coaches to 'learn their evaluating skills'.
Got to get out of hometown to see the big lights;)

How many people even know the difference between the
idt event vs. the other venues there?
Thats a great example of top tier!

Feb 3, 2016
Theres a mixture of talent levels there.
Brings a mixture of college coaches.
Almost something for everyone.

Agree with evaluate teams ability.
Sometimes exposure to these events is an 'educational experience' for coaches to 'learn their evaluating skills'.
Got to get out of hometown to see the big lights;)

How many people even know the difference between the
idt event vs. the other venues there?
Thats a great example of top tier!
Agree.

Maybe a team does have group with the following. Third D1, P5 capable, third D1, capable, and a third of players that could go D2.
Don't you owe it to all of them to see what interest you can gin up?

Dec 11, 2010
Absolutely, if your target schools will be there.

AND

You can get on the good fields or in power pools

AND

players do their part sending emails with schedules to get the coaches to games

Never been to IDT, that’s pretty tough to get into isn’t it? Maybe less chances of bad fields/low level competition?

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I could be wrong. Isn't the IDT more of an invite tournament? I mean, any team can't just sign up for that event can they? Is there more than one IDT Tournament in Colorado?

Apr 28, 2014
Worth it IMO to face good competition if you're in an area where the competition is limited.
Power pools are where it gets intense. I think all girls should have the opportunity to face the best competition possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802