I wonder how many Missouri recruits this will scare off?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
With all the shenanigans at Mizzou I am sure some recruits will be headed elsewhere. Only difference with this is that the softball team is actually good, where the football team is awful. Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum.

Nov 29, 2009
As a potential employer this could affect my view of a future applicant.

If I was the parent of a potential recruit it sure would affect my view of the school and program. The coach can't confirm or deny he will be there next season.

My guess. He's not going to be back next year. Saying something like that publicly shoots this summer's recruiting in the foot. And I'm sure it's making some of the verballed players rethinking their positions as well.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
If I was the parent of a potential recruit it sure would affect my view of the school and program. The coach can't confirm or deny he will be there next season.

My guess. He's not going to be back next year. Saying something like that publicly shoots this summer's recruiting in the foot. And I'm sure it's making some of the verballed players rethinking their positions as well.

Coach must be gone. Otherwise, I'd think he'd squelch the protest and advise the players to let it play out.

Mar 1, 2015
I'm guessing their hopes of hosting a regional just took a nose dive. They were already on the bubble, this probably popped it.

Aug 5, 2015
As a potential employer this could affect my view of a future applicant.
What do you mean?

I don't really understand what is going on. The Missouri athletic department is investigating something, and the players don't like it and they like the coach?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
What do you mean?

I don't really understand what is going on. The Missouri athletic department is investigating something, and the players don't like it and they like the coach?

Lets say you have a successful business with a very trusted and successful supervisor. Now, the employees don't care for your supervisor and decide to refuse to work because they want to determine for whom they work.

Are you going to say, "sure, screw the guy who makes me successful, I'll just toss him and you can hire the next supervisor". As an employer, I would avoid hiring people with the mindset that they have a say in a business simply because they are employed.

There is an investigation going on. Big deal, there are always investigations going on for one thing or another. The players don't know, but think they are entitled to an explanation. AFAIC, the only thing to which the players are entitled from the school is the education they are receiving as compensation for representing the school on the softball field.

Feb 7, 2013
Lets say you have a successful business with a very trusted and successful supervisor. Now, the employees don't care for your supervisor and decide to refuse to work because they want to determine for whom they work.

Are you going to say, "sure, screw the guy who makes me successful, I'll just toss him and you can hire the next supervisor". As an employer, I would avoid hiring people with the mindset that they have a say in a business simply because they are employed.

There is an investigation going on. Big deal, there are always investigations going on for one thing or another. The players don't know, but think they are entitled to an explanation. AFAIC, the only thing to which the players are entitled from the school is the education they are receiving as compensation for representing the school on the softball field.

There are times when the employees (players) need to stand up for themselves. For example, the LA Clippers players refused to play as long as Donald Sterling was the owner of the team. Sometimes management needs to listen loud and clear to their employees (players).

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
There are times when the employees (players) need to stand up for themselves. For example, the LA Clippers players refused to play as long as Donald Sterling was the owner of the team. Sometimes management needs to listen loud and clear to their employees (players).

When the employees make an equal investment and assume an equal level of responsibility and liability for the business, then they can have a say. Cannot help the NBA is a closed, GOB that has but one concern and it ain't the employees

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13