I think I need Equipment Insurance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
One of my buddies looked at my daughter's catchers gear, to include bag, and said she is rolling with over a grand worth of equipment....

I said naa I am about $350 deep that includes the AS S7 KIt, Marucci Glove, and E2 bag all purchased new.

He replies NO -- I mean actual value -- if you had to purchase it all again at regular value if something happens or it comes up missing.

Oh my... I need equipment insurance -- he is right -- It never dawned on me the replacement price of the equipment. Throw in her Fielding Glove, batting Helmet, face guard, and bat -- shoot he is right over a grand in equipment hedging towards a grand and a half... $$$$

Shoot this is as bad as golf

I may have to start guarding her bag LOL

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Only a grand? For a catcher? DD has 3 bats that alone would cost a grand to replace new. Add 2 fielding gloves (pitcher/first), glove wraps, cleats, visors, batting gloves, sunglasses, the bag itself, etc... and I bet it is closer to 2 grand! I say this because my friend's daughter had her bag stolen. I think he estimated about $1500. Thankfully, after getting the word out on social media, some vendors donated bats, a mitt, batting gloves, and a bag, restoring some faith in humanity. She is still working on breaking in the new mitt. If anyone is selling a used A2000, used bats, and a bag, highly discounted please let me know...I'd like to have a word with them...with a donated LXT.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
I've said many times that if my car ever gets stolen with both of my kids bat bags in it, that the value of the equipment would far surpass the value of the car.
Certainly true in the case of my DD's...they share an old Subie (no jokes please, it's the perfect car for them and I got it cheeeep) and between the two of them at C/3B and P/CF the normal gear along with bats, cleats, turfs, sunglasses and miscellaneous I don't even want to think about! I remind them all the time to make sure that the cover is pulled (it's a wagon) and that it's locked!

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
I would add, I would highly suggest when travelling at away games to bring the equipment into the hotel. DD team had an incident where a car was broken into in the lot overnight. Luckily the softball stuff was not stolen, but it could have made for an even worse weekend.

Nov 18, 2015
I've said many times that if my car ever gets stolen with both of my kids bat bags in it, that the value of the equipment would far surpass the value of the car.
My '04 4Runner agrees with you.

...I am about $350 deep that includes the AS S7 KIt, Marucci Glove, and E2 bag all purchased new. [...] It never dawned on me the replacement price of the equipment.
And another reason I have my daughter keep her mask on for pop-ups - "Let's take this vital piece of protection, and throw it on the ground a few times each game..."

Mar 28, 2020
Certainly true in the case of my DD's...they share an old Subie (no jokes please, it's the perfect car for them and I got it cheeeep) and between the two of them at C/3B and P/CF the normal gear along with bats, cleats, turfs, sunglasses and miscellaneous I don't even want to think about! I remind them all the time to make sure that the cover is pulled (it's a wagon) and that it's locked!
so the equipment cost more than their car? Now that is funny

May 6, 2015
yeah, I thought about, DD2 is catcher, and between two mitts, two gloves, batting helmet, batting gloves, catchers helmet, CP, legs, three bats, bag itself, sunglasses, shes rocking over $1700

nothing compared to DD1, GK for field hockey, she pulls a bag with a replacement value close to $3k behind her

but it's the best money I ever spent :)

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
DD is a catcher too, 18U.
She has two sets of catchers gear (TB and HS colors).
Two catchers mitts.
2 1B gloves
1 3B glove
4 bats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse