I/R pitching coaches near Cincinnati Ohio (we're in Northern Kentucky)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2020
Looks like you're not too far from Centerville, Indiana. If that's the case talk to Coach James (James Clark). He's a member here and a High Performance Pitching (PaulygirlFastpitch) Certified Elite level coach and he is terrific. You will be very happy with him. You can find his contact email on the Coach Locator under the Midwest section:

I'm in Northern KY, a mile or so south of Cincy so over an hour and a half for me!

Jul 3, 2019
USA
Sunshine and Rainbows I'd love to hear what you see as the differences between Tincher and Paulygirl please. Also, I've heard no video allowed with Tincher?!?
We've only worked with Coach James (PaulyGirl) once and Sami (Tincher) twice. My daughter prefers Coach James, so we are hoping to get on his schedule regularly! Unfortunately, he is pretty booked so it is hard to get onto his schedule. We're on his cancellation/will call list, so availability is sporadic.

I think if you are new to IR style pitching, the one on one instruction you will get with Sami is a great start! I'm not sure about the video rule, I've never tried to record, but no one has ever stopped me from taking pictures!

Also, the only difference that I've noticed SO FAR between PaulyGirl and Tincher style pitching, is the landing angle of the foot (which ends up changing a lot) - Tincher likes the foot to land at a 55 degree angle, where PaulyGirl like 45 degree or (preferably) less.
The slight change makes a huge difference in weight shift at release.

You can't go wrong with either one, I'd check them both out and see who is the better fit for you and your daughter!

Mar 5, 2020
Hi! Local bucket mom here! I’m “near” Cincy in Oxford, Oh.

IR is *very* hard to come by here, if at all! I’ve home instructed my daughter with what I’ve learned from taking classes myself on PaulyGirlFastpitch.com. (I’ve never played a game of softball on my life!) and we’ve done some traveling for clinics.

My daughter is 9u, 2010...how about yours? Who does she play for?

If you are interested in Tincher, there’s a PC in Blue Ash that’s mid-training but not yet certified. We are new to her (just one lesson in!) so I cannot yet formally advise. I also have contact info for someone more near Dayton but have never met them. I can tell you more about who DOESN’T instruct it in our area...lessons I learned the hard way!

I’m so excited to connect with someone local!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love to get some contact info of these PCs. My 9yo started lessons in the fall and loves it but complains about the forced elbow finish from the HE instructor. Ive noticed she does better when she doesnt finish pointing her elbow. We're in Preble County.

Dec 22, 2019
I would love to get some contact info of these PCs. My 9yo started lessons in the fall and loves it but complains about the forced elbow finish from the HE instructor. Ive noticed she does better when she doesnt finish pointing her elbow. We're in Preble County.

So DO go to Paulygirlfastpitch.com for certified instructors. You’ll be commuting 1.5 hrs plus. I’ve met several at a clinic and taken some of the courses myself to help my daughter at home. You’re in good hands with them!

Check out Tincher Pitching’s site for certified instructors to travel to.
Sami is still in training w/ Tincher...her email is: performancepitchingcincy@gmail.com & she’s out of Blue Ash.

I was told Elevate Sports had an IR instructor, their number is:
(937) 672-8438 & the instructor was Amanda Tonkin. I never followed up on that.

Those are the only ones teaching IR/whip that I can speak on. I can tell you more about who DOESN’T teach it around here! LOL!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Hi all, thank you to those of you who have recommended me or offered kind regards.
As stated above, my schedule is pretty booked, however I'll get a cancellation on occasion and will offer the opening on a "will call" list.
Feel free to email or call me with questions.
jeclark96@yahoo.com
(765)914-3047

PS. Video lessons are also available if the distance is too far.

Mar 5, 2020
So DO go to Paulygirlfastpitch.com for certified instructors. You’ll be commuting 1.5 hrs plus. I’ve met several at a clinic and taken some of the courses myself to help my daughter at home. You’re in good hands with them!

Check out Tincher Pitching’s site for certified instructors to travel to.
Sami is still in training w/ Tincher...her email is: performancepitchingcincy@gmail.com & she’s out of Blue Ash.

I was told Elevate Sports had an IR instructor, their number is:
(937) 672-8438 & the instructor was Amanda Tonkin. I never followed up on that.

Those are the only ones teaching IR/whip that I can speak on. I can tell you more about who DOESN’T teach it around here! LOL!

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28