I Missed it!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
DD plays HS JV she has been doing OK sometimes great/good other times not so much. I have been to EVERY game, Wednesday the game starts a 4 and it is an hour and a half away, I tell her it's just too far and I can't get off work THAT early. So of course you know what is coming next...she has another good game 2-3 RBI and run scored but team loses 11-8 but here is the text I get after the game:

Went over the center fielders head went home! Home run baby!!!

Granted it was either no fence and those adult fields with monster outfields but it was a bomb her best hit of the year...I am simultaneously so happy and so bummed

Oct 22, 2009
dj, same thing happened to me. I missed an out of town game, I got a call from a parent that said, "Guess what your daughter just did?" I was thinking, Oh lord, what now! "She just hit a grand slam over the fence!"

Oh, and it was not just her FIRST grand slam, it was her FIRST home run. And not just her FIRST home run, THE ONLY HOME RUN SHE EVER HIT! EVER!

Jun 7, 2013
Last summer, due to work commitments, I missed the first two games of nationals. I got a call from my DDs coach bragging up my DDs two victories, near no-hitters, and incredible number of Ks. Since I had received a text from my DD telling me that she'd tell me what happened when she saw me, I told him not to tell her that she told me. So, when I saw her, I had to act surprised when she told me the great news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802