I may have just done something?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
This is just personal but I always go with a HOH, I've never owned a PP, or a A2K Wilson before! Who knows....maybe I don't know what I'm missing? The only Kip I've ever owned is several custom Vinci's.

I know I've joked here before that the HOH is just the rough, tough, wrong side of the tracks Rawlings, but they are more durable and a better value. And now that we have Don Morton's and SoftballFans doing their own exclusives in full Horween, including the liner they're just a no brainer for me. The only problem with these exclusives is the lack of patterns and sizes.

The Horween liner is worth the price of admission for me, and I know just how incredible the Pittards sheepskin liner on the PP feels, they're just nowhere as durable as the regular HOH Deer Tanned Cowhide liner, much less the HOH Horween liner!

Hope that helped, probably didn't though? And after saying all that, I have nothing against the Pro Preferred's, in fact the Rich Tan is absolutely one of the most beautiful Tan leathers I've ever seen!

So what model are you looking at on the builder? And you know there's no Horween on the builder, right?

So this is a Christmas present for the 12 year old. She's still into colors and how it looks. So it's not going to meet your standards but then again, she doesn't care about your standards. :p I do, though. I appreciate your expertise on the matter.

Pitcher's glove, closed web, 12". Doing the HOH builder got us to this point:

1664381568738.png

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
So this is a Christmas present for the 12 year old. She's still into colors and how it looks. So it's not going to meet your standards but then again, she doesn't care about your standards. I do, though. I appreciate your expertise on the matter.

View attachment 26582
I am just impressed that your kid plays for Notre Dame at 12 YO.. :ROFLMAO:

I had Marcela mock up some stuff on the builder..first glove she did was white :sick:
Luckily I talked her out of it as the customs are like 60 bucks more expensive than the full Horweens that @ANNASDAD mentioned...(which is what she ended up getting)

and the f'ing glove was white.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So this is a Christmas present for the 12 year old. She's still into colors and how it looks. So it's not going to meet your standards but then again, she doesn't care about your standards. I do, though. I appreciate your expertise on the matter.

View attachment 26582
Man I get the 12 year old thing, and having the choice of crazy colors. BUT.....still an expensive glove, do yourself a favor, do whatever it takes and DO NOT order a glove with those laces, welting, and binding, you're just pissing money away! That glove will look 3 years old after the first 6 or 8 months!

Oct 4, 2018
I am just impressed that your kid plays for Notre Dame at 12 YO.. :ROFLMAO:

I had Marcela mock up some stuff on the builder..first glove she did was white :sick:
Luckily I talked her out of it as the customs are like 60 bucks more expensive than the full Horweens that @ANNASDAD mentioned...(which is what she ended up getting)

and the f'ing glove was white.

White. Nice!

I'm happy to get her what she wants. So if this isn't Horween, it's some other (less-good) type of leather?

Oct 4, 2018
Man I get the 12 year old thing, and having the choice of crazy colors. BUT.....still an expensive glove, do yourself a favor, do whatever it takes and DO NOT order a glove with those laces, welting, and binding, you're just pissing money away! That glove will look 3 years old after the first 6 or 8 months!

Uh, those laces and welting are gold. Gold!!!

Jun 8, 2016
White. Nice!

I'm happy to get her what she wants. So if this isn't Horween, it's some other (less-good) type of leather?
I am no expert but less durable is probably a better description. That said Marcela has a Pro 206 that has lasted her 3+ years so..🤷🏽‍♂️

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
White. Nice!

Did you mock up a baseball or softball glove? A true HOH baseball glove on the builder is Japanese Tanned leather (Jtan), great leather, just not Horween! ;)

Oct 4, 2018
Since I'm never ordering a new glove again this is just for fun, but if I were to build me a new custom it would look something like this. Oh well, a guy can dream, right? I could actually mock up the Pro206-22 trap web several different ways, such a cool glove!

Is that a Horweenie?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood