I may have just done something?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
This one is still the glove to beat, everyone should get to experience this one!

I was throwing with and warming up one of our pitchers Saturday, big “A” type class clown personality! I got to listen to this 2024 give me a learning lesson on gloves, and why the NP5 on my hand was inferior (think she said yucky and ugly) because it‘s Tan! And she was going to “restring” her white glove with green “strings” to match her college team colors…..I just nodded and smiled! :rolleyes:
C9F182CB-FCFD-4661-8D57-C574EB9B91BF.jpegF1F7A80B-456E-4EFD-A0C5-4A94CFB254FE.jpegDF4D3A1F-78C1-4AD1-9AB6-0A9120E9C2BE.jpegEC967D45-F2F4-4ED2-9FCF-39F5D2747542.jpeg

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Girls are different. Most guys couldn't care less about how their glove looks. They only care about how it works. Girls care about how something looks before thinking about how it performs, especially at the younger ages. My older daughter hemmed and hawed over what color laces to use when relacing her LA color series catcher's mitt. The damned thing is red, white, and blue. What color would you go with instead? I know, I should have just thrown it out...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So if you were customizing your ideal tan glove at the Rawlings web site, would you do Heart of Hide or Pro Preferred, and why?
This is just personal but I always go with a HOH, I've never owned a PP, or a A2K Wilson before! Who knows....maybe I don't know what I'm missing? The only Kip I've ever owned is several custom Vinci's.

I know I've joked here before that the HOH is just the rough, tough, wrong side of the tracks Rawlings, but they are more durable and a better value. And now that we have Don Morton's and SoftballFans doing their own exclusives in full Horween, including the liner they're just a no brainer for me. The only problem with these exclusives is the lack of patterns and sizes.

The Horween liner is worth the price of admission for me, and I know just how incredible the Pittards sheepskin liner on the PP feels, they're just nowhere as durable as the regular HOH Deer Tanned Cowhide liner, much less the HOH Horween liner!

Hope that helped, probably didn't though? And after saying all that, I have nothing against the Pro Preferred's, in fact the Rich Tan is absolutely one of the most beautiful Tan leathers I've ever seen!

So what model are you looking at on the builder? And you know there's no Horween on the builder, right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse