I lost it with the 12U Coach.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
It makes some supposedly grown men feel important to intimidate a bunch of little girls. I tend to find people like this yell all the time because they don't actually know anything about coaching. It's kind of like yelling at someone who doesn't speak English. It's not going to help. If they can't play, they can't play no matter how loudly you yell.

Maybe he should focus on learning the game, and then teaching it. He may find the girls play a lot better.

As for you, I agree with everyone else. Run, don't walk, away from this team. Or better yet, take all the players with you and form your own. Everyone will be better off.

Apr 9, 2012
Once you get a sliver of doubt and chew on it it becomes poisonous. If you are going as far as to research his behavior and dig up old heartache you need to move on.

Right or wrong as a coach you need to do whats right for you and your daughter and be sure not to spread dissent. let people come to their own conclusions as the human mind is easily persuaded. Teams do not need parents creating drama behind the scenes even if they are completely in the right about their feelings and information. It teaches the girls a negative behavior.

Have you had a sit down and a heart to heart with the coach? Is he burnt out and needs to sit a season out? Is he having a divorce or another tragic life moment? Sociopath is a bit much. based on the definition you personally being the closest to him (AC) would be feel the greatest impact of his "intentional actions to demean and demoralize or injure mentally".

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2011
Once you get a sliver of doubt and chew on it it becomes poisonous. If you are going as far as to research his behavior and dig up old heartache you need to move on.

Right or wrong as a coach you need to do whats right for you and your daughter and be sure not to spread dissent. let people come to their own conclusions as the human mind is easily persuaded. Teams do not need parents creating drama behind the scenes even if they are completely in the right about their feelings and information. It teaches the girls a negative behavior.

I agree totally. If you truly believe that this situation is not for you and your DD , then just move on. Let all the other parents make their own decisions. Dont try and start a "movement" for a takeover. Also , doing some amateur research and classifying someone as a sociopath is a bit much.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
It makes some supposedly grown men feel important to intimidate a bunch of little girls. I tend to find people like this yell all the time because they don't actually know anything about coaching. It's kind of like yelling at someone who doesn't speak English. It's not going to help. If they can't play, they can't play no matter how loudly you yell.

Maybe he should focus on learning the game, and then teaching it. He may find the girls play a lot better.

As for you, I agree with everyone else. Run, don't walk, away from this team. Or better yet, take all the players with you and form your own. Everyone will be better off.

^^^ This^^^

Jul 24, 2013
If the board wont boot him when he as a team, if the kids vote with their feet and leave, they will have no choice. A lost half a season is better than her quitting softball and being sketched out by sports in general. I would say bounce, tell the other parents your issue, and that nothing is going to change unless they make it happen....

Jun 17, 2013
Midwest
Me and another AC decided to start another team. I've gotten 5 of our girl's and their parents on board. I've been told he won't step down. So be it.

Jun 17, 2013
Midwest
Right Kevin! The downside to this whole situation is finding girls in our small community. We have a horrible rec league that has some decent candidates but the parents might be a problem. We shall see. Thanks JJ. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog