I know, posting too much in here but DD is having a SUMMER..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I have been following the brackets. Not sure this can be called a Nationals when there are only West Coast teams there excepts for the Conklin Raiders and the Firecrackers ELP(which is nearly west coast). Maybe TC Westerns?

Haha, yes. Like the TC Southwest Nationals, out here it should be called TC West Nationals. The competition is good for this tournament as both the Alliance and PGF camps are playing.

It will be interesting how the actual Alliance / PGF tourney's go. Certainly, there's not room for both (at least at the scale that both want it to be)

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Haha, yes. Like the TC Southwest Nationals, out here it should be called TC West Nationals. The competition is good for this tournament as both the Alliance and PGF camps are playing.

It will be interesting how the actual Alliance / PGF tourney's go. Certainly, there's not room for both (at least at the scale that both want it to be)
I was wondering why No Texas teams were there. They played their Regional/super regionals last weekend and I figured teams wouldn't have much time for travel. The SW Nationals doesn't have the high caliber teams that the REAL TC Nats normally has. 2nd tier teams at best. Last time my DD played SW Nats her 16U team played @Tatonka DD's team. They whooped up on us. That was a tough summer. I nearly Hissy Quit 6 times that summer. I played it cool and DD got invited to the 18U Gold team. See what happens when I stay out of my DD's way.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Seriously great point!
What is Nationals without broader competition.

Guess Nationals is just a word now :unsure:
This is true. "Nationals" are being held all over the place by different orgs. You get a National, you get a National and YOU get a National...Everyone gets a National! Lots of competition for parents $$$$.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I was wondering why No Texas teams were there. They played their Regional/super regionals last weekend and I figured teams wouldn't have much time for travel. The SW Nationals doesn't have the high caliber teams that the REAL TC Nats normally has. 2nd tier teams at best. Last time my DD played SW Nats her 16U team played @Tatonka DD's team. They whooped up on us. That was a tough summer. I nearly Hissy Quit 6 times that summer. I played it cool and DD got invited to the 18U Gold team. See what happens when I stay out of my DD's way.

There's truth in a lot of what you say in the last couple of sentences. The ups and downs in travel softball can be violent! The amount of pressure put on the kids (and hence parents) can be amazing. Glad you stuck it out. Where is your DD now?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
There's truth in a lot of what you say in the last couple of sentences. The ups and downs in travel softball can be violent! The amount of pressure put on the kids (and hence parents) can be amazing. Glad you stuck it out. Where is your DD now?
DD is getting ready to start her Jr year at UT Dallas. She still has 4 years of eligibility left.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478