I knew I kept my Christmas tree up for a reason...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Man I can't answer that, but how cool, I guess the logical answer is..........get both! I've never seen or held a Carpenter glove before, but I'd sure love to hear what you have to say when you get BOTH of them in! ;)

You know the Marucci C-Mod glove is Scott's magic inside of a Marucci Capitol leather glove? It's not like Scott's original synthetic glove, right? Kinda the same, kinda not.

Here's Scott's old website.

yep, aware about the capitol glove and the CMOD lining, I have read everything on the marucci website as well as his own. I'm going to enquire about seeing if I can have my DD's new A2000 catchers glove modified.

Really dig the insides, looks comfy and if its lighter how amazing is that.
cmod.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@erniekru
Here's a pretty cool read, this is one of the older C-MOD's before Scott went over to Marucci.

I don't think the Marucci MODS are going to be as extensive as this older one!?

Dec 20, 2019
@erniekru
Here's a pretty cool read, this is one of the older C-MOD's before Scott went over to Marucci.

I don't think the Marucci MODS are going to be as extensive as this older one!?
That is correct. The retail cmod only has the mod on the thumb and pinky. While the rest of the inner of glove is leather.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thought I’d revive this one, bought a Horween Pro504 off of @OsDad....and I duped him out of $10 bucks, what a great day!

Can’t wait to get it in my hands. I actually talked him into buying this one probably two years ago just planning for this day, love it when a plan comes together! OsDad is the best!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Didn’t want to start a new thread, I had just a terrible day at work, stupidity on full display! But, I got my Pro504 in this afternoon from @OsDad, what a great glove! I forgot what a tank it is, this is one heavy duty glove! This package was definitely the highlight of my day!

Gotta talk about OsDad for a minute, great guy, we’ve spoken on the phone quite a few times, good softball talk. As far as us buying, selling, swapping, and trading gloves.....looks like the student has now become the teacher! :giggle:

Haven’t posted any Z/28 pics in awhile, a good while! Thanks for the fantastic deal Joey!0896F20C-1B89-431F-88C5-4341914A9045.jpeg6D2FC934-5488-44F4-AED2-16BB82EE3CAF.jpeg511225E4-551E-4AF2-B3B9-351E8E08E623.jpeg16009885-4BAA-42F4-AAA6-4B33F4CC7214.jpeg03875803-4D14-41EE-A9D6-E140F5517411.jpeg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I thought that glove looked familiar. Not sure how I missed this thread.

Thats a sweet mustang too. 🤓
Couple years back I was home at lunch, as I was leaving to go back to work a young Fed-Ex kid walked into the garage and handed me a package. He first asked me what kind of car it was :rolleyes:, then he asked me if it had a Ford Mustang engine in it?? They still haven’t found him!

Oct 5, 2018
How does this glove measure? In other threads you've mentioned and others have looked for true utility glove...such as a 12.25, deep pocket H web. If this runs about .25 short then this would be a winner. Though I don't know how the hand stall is and it isn't a retail pattern I've seen. Is it on the builder?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
How does this glove measure? In other threads you've mentioned and others have looked for true utility glove...such as a 12.25, deep pocket H web. If this runs about .25 short then this would be a winner. Though I don't know how the hand stall is and it isn't a retail pattern I've seen. Is it on the builder?
Just measured it, depending on where you keep the tape at the bottom of the heel.....I’m going with dead on 12.25”

The hand stall isn’t as big as you’d think for this particular glove, it’s not real tight, but not real big either.

And you’re right, not a retail model. This is 1 of 99 that Chad at SoftballFans had made, it’s a Horween SBF exclusive. This one is number 77.

The Pro504 is on the Rawlings builder as a custom, but not in Horween. You could order a custom in Jtan leather and have the wrist closure already laced at the narrow setting.

Reach out to @22Lefty, he’s got my first 504, not sure if his DD is using it, or if he is? He may have some valuable input for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598