I have missed you guys!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
I am not even sure how long I have been gone ... but I have missed you guys!

I moved to Mississippi last fall and the world was very, very different for me. I struggled through a lot ... short version: employer is a sh!tshow, had some philosophical differences with grad school, had COVID, etc. (If you want the long version, PM me, but I doubt you do!) I just needed to step back from some things.

I started getting back on the dirt in April so I figured it's time I got back on the digital dirt here!

So what did I miss?

May 29, 2015
I guess I should have made up some story about making a personal pilgrimage to each bat manufacturing facility in the country ... which led to backpacking across the Himalayan Mountains, giving up all my worldly possessions, having an out of body experience, and spending months studying with a quasi-mythical tribe of Buddhist monk umpires who had achieved transcendence and unlocked the mystic secrets of when to toss a bat.

Nov 18, 2015
So what did I miss?
The more things changed:
  • We have a vaccine, but no gasoline.
  • Biden is now President, although they're supposedly still counting votes in Arizona.
  • Tom Brady sold his soul to the Devil (must of been at that rest stop in Georgia on his way to Tampa) and won another Super Bowl.
  • The Mets DL is bigger than their active roster, but they're somehow still in 1st place.
The more they stayed the same:
  • The "HS Ball" threads got a late start this season, but still made a strong run as always.
  • There's still coaches who think 12U girls who only throw a FB/CU are "behind the curve".
  • There's still parents who think the road to DI/P5 starts with their 12U's repertoire of fastball, changeup, curve, drop, screw, rise, and that magical mystery pitch with the bullet spin that can do whatever the announcers says it does (replay be damned).
  • And I still can't figure out the difference b/w swinging one-legged vs. two-legged, and which one is better.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I am not even sure how long I have been gone ... but I have missed you guys!

I moved to Mississippi last fall and the world was very, very different for me. I struggled through a lot ... short version: employer is a sh!tshow, had some philosophical differences with grad school, had COVID, etc. (If you want the long version, PM me, but I doubt you do!) I just needed to step back from some things.

I started getting back on the dirt in April so I figured it's time I got back on the digital dirt here!

So what did I miss?
Your posts have been missed also!
Glad your back!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee